Nichole has a Lighbulb Moment

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I dunno where it came from, I swear. One minute we're talking about how the 2 of us aren't the most social creatures in the world......the next Nichole pops out with :

I just realized when someone gets too close I pick a fight with them to push them away.

I swear you could actually see the lighbulb turn on. :rofl:

It was awesome. That was a few days ago. Since then she's made up with a lifelong friend she'd had a falling out with over something silly, and with S whom she'd started fighting with because she was feeling a bit smothered by the girl. :)

I know this is a typical Borderline (BPD) behavior. But I think it's significant that she came to realize that she was doing it on her own. Now hopefully she'll watch for the behavior and correct it.

everywoman

I wish pcdaughter would experience that moment. She is so afraid of being hurt and so sensitive. She will write someone off in a moments notice. It has left her a pretty lonely young woman. I have tried to point it out, but she is the most stubborn person I have ever met---next to me, of course.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
(you'll never convince me that you haven't suggested this a million times in the past ;) )

Still, it makes such a difference when they think it's THEIR revelation, doesn't it?

Suz :bravo:

KTMom91

Hopefully Miss KT will have that same lightbulb moment...since Nichole's 19, I only have two more years to wait, right?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Suz, too right. lol But of course she wasn't listening when I said it. lol ;) And based on past performance, usually once Nichole has a lighbulb moment about behavior it she usually works hard to change it. So I'm hoping to see alot of change in this direction. So........meanwhile I'll be content to let it be her lightbulb moment. lol :D

Mary........Just 2 yrs ago I wouldn't have expected Nichole to have such lightbulb moments. Everything was so black and white then I couldn't get anywhere with her.