Nichole Surgery Today

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole has her kidney stone removed at 2pm today. I feel guilty because this time I just can't be there with her. boyfriend will be there in my place. (you have no idea how I hate that idea)

But I can't miss another Math class. It's just getting too involved and I need the instructor explaining it to me.

I keep telling myself it's not a complicated procedure, and it's not. She won't even have an incision.....It's a procedure I've had hundreds of times over the years. But I still don't like that I won't be there with her. I'd wanted to talk to her urologist (who's also my urologist) and make sure he's made the connection between the two of us.

But I'll have to settle for going with her to the follow up appointment. :(

easy child is watching Aubrey as having extended family on boyfriend's side watch her last time traumatized her. She now has severe separation anxiety. And since easy child and Darrin are her most fav people other than Nana......they were the logical choice.

Doesn't help that I feel really bad over this kidney thing. Docs told me years ago that they felt the disease was hereditary. I'd hoped they were wrong. Now I'm worried they were right. Nichole issues started at about the same time mine did. And we've spent more than a year attempting to get fam doctor to check out her kidneys both thru blood work and imaging test. He wouldn't because she never showed an infection. ugh No, just her throat would swell to twice it's normal size along with hands, face, and feet for no "apparent" reason.:ashamed: And a almost 20 yr old having b/p issues when she is not overwieght is to me a huge red flag. But what do I know......I've just got a quarter of a century of experience with this disease to draw from. ugh

I swear if I can ever manage to find another fam doctor who can think outside the box (or text book) again, I'll hold onto him/her for dear life.

Meanwhile I've got to get urologist "on board" with this because if Nichole does have what I do.......then she needs to know in order to get diet in place and treatment to minimize the damage to the kidneys.

Genetics svck.:(

Hold a good thought for her today. Over the weekend she said it felt like she had alot of pressure and that someone had blown a balloon up under her ribcage on the right side. Scarey as that reminds me of when my kidney was blocked and docs found it 3x it's normal size.......what followed was horrendous. I do not want my baby girl living the nitemare that has been my life with this desease.

I feel like an awful parent this morning. All the way around. :(

mom_to_3

Awww! That would be hard. I'll keep Nicole in my thoughts and will cross my fingers for a positive outcome! Let us know how she is later!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hope all goes well for her today. Don't beat yourself up, mom, for not being able to be there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy -

My hugs and wishes go to N. And then they go to you too!

prayers for the best outcome - and a B+ on that math test.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Awful parents wouldn't feel guilty about not being there...therefore, you're disqualified from the awful parent status. Sorry.

Hope surgery and math go well. And hugs and healing prayers for all.

donna723

Shari is right - you have nothing to feel guilty about! I'm sure Nichole will do fine. She's in my thoughts today. I hope she is feeling a lot better very soon. Try not to worry, but I know you will until it's over and you know that she's OK. Please keep us posted.

I hope she's feeling better, and that you are feeling some relief as well. Don't beat yourself up about not being there, you're there now and always, and she knows that. ((hugs)))-Alyssa

M

ML

I hope everything went well. I am sure she understood you couldn't be there, mom.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, the poor kid went thru the surgery for nothing. The stone has moved into her bladder, so now she'll have to pass it. sheesh

Other than that the surgery went well, and she did ok even without Mom there. :) She wasn't in too bad of pain this evening when she got home.....but I'm thinking that had something to do with pain medications they probably gave her at hospital. lol

LOL Star......I did get a B on the Math test. Which is just fine by me.....it was a complicated one.

And it was a good thing I didn't miss class.......we're getting into some rather complicated stuff and I know I wouldn't have been able to follow what to do just using the book.

Hugs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's too bad :( I wonder why they didn't do a quick ultrasound to make sure it was still in the same spot before the surgery? Poor thing. I hope she mends quickly and passes the stone uneventfully after this.