Nightly news last night

Tiredof33

A new research following babies that snored for 7 years has reported that a baby that snore will have behavioral problems. MINE SNORED!!!!!! and he was a difficult baby.

Their report was lack of quality sleep etc, caused the problems, not so sure about that, but he was born a not so easy going child.

A

AmericanGirl

My difficult child never did.

However I have a pet who does but she's a pt (perfect pet)....lol

Kathy813

Staff member
That's interesting. My difficult child didn't snore but she also was very hard to get to sleep. We had to let her cry to sleep. easy child, on the other hand, would just go to sleep when we laid her in the crib.

~Kathy

Tiredof33

Kathy,
Mine was too and the doctor told me to just let him cry himself to sleep. He would cry for hours and I just could not take it!
If I had one thing I could do over again it would be just letting him cry all night if he wanted to. I would check on him to make sure he was OK (and still in the crib lol), but just walk away and let him cry.
I think I taught my difficult child at a very young age that he could wear me down.

H

HaoZi

Kiddo and I saw that, turned to each other (she snores, I snore) and we both said "Tired kids behave badly. That's news?!"

lmf64

Kiddo and I saw that, turned to each other (she snores, I snore) and we both said "Tired kids behave badly. That's news?!"

That's what I thought! difficult child has snored since birth. I had a video tape of him in the hospital and you can hear him snoring all the way on the other side of the room

InsaneCdn

Yes, it IS "news". So much common sense has been lost in the last 30 years or so... that things that used to be really obvious, are now hidden gems waiting to be discovered (again).
Sleep issues are a double-edged sword... if the child has other issues, sleep problems will magnify these really fast. If the child does not have other issues... sleep problems alone, if severe, can and will generate serious behavior problems. No matter who you are or what problems you do or do not have... sleep problems are a MAJOR problem. Period.

Just try and get help for that, though... its hard to get help!

addie

I just met someone who was SO glad,to meet me as I guess people had been referring her to me for years and she was too shy to phone me. She was bringing up another Jess, my quiet but deadly child who was quietly ODD, then diagnosed CD and is now a full blown sociopath or anti social personality disorder.
Tough as it was, I did have some supports and resources, mainly this board. This woman, really conservative, middle class, quiet, minds her own business, absolutely NO mental health issues in either side of the family ...anyway, she has coped alone for 15 years (she has an older easy child too). With an ODD now CD child, thrown out of school, fired from her job (at least she temporarily had one; my Jess refused school most of the time and TOTALLY refuses to try to get a job).
The poor mom has a hair salon and even under the intense stress of this child (I would say mild-moderate CD while my Jess is moderate-severe, due to actual violence and jail time, BUT my Jess is now nearly 22) - anyway, poor mom having to put on a happy face every day instead of being able to crawl into a hole like I could!!!

We talked for ages and I want to talk some more, like all of us I sort of know the questions to ask and ...first difficulty she faced was that her baby WOULD NOT SLEEP.