Nike and Michael Vick

Stella Johnson

The Humane Society has a page where you can email Nike to request that they stop their contract with Michael Vic as a spokesperson and to stop the manufacture of shoes in his name.

I sent mine already. I hope they put him in the slammer for a very long time.

Steph

skeeter

we had a huge dog fighting ring busted here earlier this year. Three county area, 19 people (so far) arrested, 69 dogs, $25,000 in cash taken, drugs too.
A house in our area had 16 dogs in the basement. We walked past that house routinely and we NEVER suspected - that's how "locked up" they must have kept these poor animals. We knew they were somewhere in the neighborhood, but every time we tried to follow someone, we'd loose them.

The whole thing is just sick.

donna723

I hope they throw the book at him ... and everybody else who had anything to do with this!

Steph, somewhere I saw a site that has links to some other products and companies that Michael Vick endorses. I'll see if I can find it again and post the links. If enough people respond, maybe they will dump him too. These guys make a lot of money playing professional sports, but some of them make even MORE with all their endorsements! Let's hit him where it HURTS!

:sad:

K

Kjs

I agree with something I heard on the radio. No jail time. RING time with those dogs! Let's put him in the ring. Maybe hog tie him and throw him in. Hah. then they can bet on who gets him first.

donna723

Steph, that's what I read too.

That line on the link I posted about "suspended the product line" was on the thing I copied it off of. I don't think that any final decision has been made yet, but I'm not sure.

On_Call

He is really sick and twisted to think that (a) this was a suitable form of "entertainment" and (b) that he could get away with it because he is who he is. UGH!

I hope he loses all endorsements and his contract with the NFL as well. I think it's ridiculous the amount of money these guys are paid to 'play a game' anyway. husband and I have countless conversations about that.

No one should be above the law - that is not even mentioning the cruelty involved in his particular situation. There is no way he can ever pay for that aspect of this whole thing.

Steely

Thanks Steph.......

I emailed them just now......it is beyond despicable what companies allow for the sake of advertising.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

DammitJanet

Well hey there guys!

I just got home and happened to see this post.

This topic is near and dear to my heart for many reasons. Number one, I abhor dog fighting but Number two, if any of you saw the footage shot of the animal control officers at Micheal Vicks house in VA, then you saw a prime example of the job my son does every day!

Micheal was indicted in federal court in Richmond today. Jamie has told me some really sick stuff that happened to those dogs. I hope this guy fries for this. I have no doubt he has just tossed away his career.

witzend

We live in the land of Nike. Phil Knight went to the same grade and high schools as my kids. We're 15 miles from World Headquarters. I'm glad they are no longer making this idiot's line of apparel. While I disapprove of their making one more cent from him, I think it would be a far better idea for them to donate his products to people in need than to trash them. If not to people in the US then in other parts of the world. There are many people without shoes and clothes, for crying out loud, and they wouldn't have any idea as to who Michael Vick is or what he did.

Step up, Phil!

Steely

WoooHooooooooooo!

This just in......I am so glad we all are standing up to the corp. monsters!!!
It is working!

DammitJanet

Micheal Vick is (or shall we say was) the quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons. He was recently indicted for dog fighting in VA.

witzend

by the way, Hometown favorite Joey Harrington is now starting QB for the Falcons! Woo hoo! Way To Go Joey! (We all love Joey here!)

F

flutterbee

easy child was a huge Michael Vick fan and is a huge Falcons fan. He's disgusted by the allegations and is glad Vick was suspended from the NFL.

However, the story really doesn't end there. It seems that illegal dog-fighting is pretty popular among NFL players; 2 Washington Redskins players have spoken out in support of Vick and said they don't see "what the big deal is". Sounds like the NFL needs to do some house-cleaning.