No Chicago trip..

K

Kjs

Not only did it snow for 24 hours, with wind gusts up to 40 mph... easy child went out with girlfriend to celebrate her new job. He asked if I would pick them up. I said yes. So, I laid on the couch waiting for the call. (had pounding headache all day and did not feel good). At 2:00 am, the dog growled, so I new he was home. I got up to open the door, and there he stood, face all bloody. girlfriend was standing there too. I asked what happened and he kept saying, "I'm ok, I need to go to bed." I kept asking, was it a fight, was it an accident, what happened. He kept saying he was alright. I looked at girlfriend and she shook her head no.
He hugged me and assured me he was alright. Was in a fight..he started it.
So, he gets some ice and goes down stairs. husband gets up and asks what is going on. I tell him. difficult child gets up, he heard the conversation. husband kept saying does he need to go to the hospital. I said no. At 3am easy child comes upstairs, difficult child still sitting there. He waves him off, so I send him to his room. easy child says, "I need stitches". He starts crying, says girlfriend says "he is dead to her". So, I get dressed, husband shovels out where the plow came and behind the car. I am feeling not so well. husband says he will take him. At 5am, they return. 5 stitches in his forehead, cut eye, swollen, and cut lip. Looked much better now that they cleaned up most of the blood. Looked worse when his whole face was full of blood. difficult child still up, worried about easy child. girlfriend went to bed.
Apparently girlfriend's ex was there. She was talking to ex's friend. The friend kept flipping easy child off from behind girlfriend, so she didn't see. easy child was upset and went over and hit him. Three guys start hitting him, he falls and they start kicking him in the head. easy child's friend (an army man..strong) tries to help but the bouncer pulled him off.
So, we get to sleep about 6 am. I try to wake difficult child at 7 so we can get ready and catch the train. Too tired. He says we can go another day.
At 9am easy child gets up and asks why we didn't go.????
My head still pounding. difficult child is very understanding, but can't understand how his "idol brother" LOST a fight.
SO..Here we are. Just finished snow blowing the drive, and walk and the plow comes again!
Maybe easy child will go sledding or movies or bowling. We'll see.
Happy Birthday to difficult child!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so sorry the trip was cancelled. I know you were looking forward to it.

OUCH for easy child, too! Goodness. :smile: Three on one is never a good thing. Glad he let husband take him to the ER.

I hope you're not coming down with anything. Be good to yourself today.

((hugs))

ck1

so sorry!!! What a rough day for everyone. Happy to hear difficult child is handling it well!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending some hugs - sorry for the disappointing day for difficult child. He sounds okay though. You better rest up - I hope you're not getting sick.