No heat

flutterby

Fly away!
Furnace won't come on. :frostbite:

It's not *that* cold today - 41 degrees. But, it's drizzly and damp and is supposed to drop below freezing tonight.

I hope we can get it fixed before then.

BusynMember

Yeah, let us know. It's not good when you don't feel well to get chilled. Can a neighbor come in and tell you what may be wrong?

crazymama30

Check the fuses in the fuse box and the heater may have it's own fuses too. We just had the heater's fuses blow last night.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm waiting for easy child to get home to check the breaker. I can't get to the electric panel. I'm kinda thinking (hoping) that might be it, because there is no indicator light on the furnace.

I have a phone call into the heating and air company the landlord uses. They don't seem to be very reliable, though. They're supposed to come out twice a year for maintenance and they haven't been out this year at all.

Sigh...

klmno

Can you get a hold of an electric blanket for each of you? I wouldn't want to risk going thru the night without heat.

DammitJanet

One winter our furnace kept breaking down and we couldnt afford to keep getting it fixed. We made do with the little fireplace in the family room and a portable heater in the bathroom when we had to take a bath. It was pretty miserable because the way my house is made the main rooms are open and I cant really close them off easily with blankets.

flutterby

Fly away!
It was the breaker. What's weird is that it wasn't tripped - not even partially tripped like they do sometimes. But, easy child turned it off then back on and it works.