No More Jet Planes

Steely

I seriously cannot take one more 4 hour drive to get on a plane, and then fly 4 hours.
This has happened every 6 weeks for 2 years.
I am DONE.
I don't even unpack my toiletry kit, I just leave it in my bathroom ready to go.

This flight is for my Dad's memorial.
While I was packing, Tesla ate my black heel, and I being oh so fat, ripped the seam in the waist of my skirt. DONE.

Can't wait for another 2 weeks in a hotel. OMG

And Matt - well he is so much of a mess that I cannot even compose a message about him.

I am tired, depressed, and DONE.

Wish me luck at the infamous memorial on Sunday. I have a poem I will read - and yet all I can think about is how fat I will look. My dad hated fat on women. Whatever, that is a whole other thread.

susiestar

Roll With It
((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I am so sorry for all of the too much that has been heaped upon you for such a long time. Remember, it isn't just air taking you to the family - our prayers and support are also carrying you. Regardless of how you feel, you are beautiful and beloved and respected by all of us. We are right there with you every moment and we will not leave you to cope on your own.

Every star you see, every time you see a star shape, that is a sign that I am with you in spirit, that I love you, and that nothing will change it.. And that we are ALL with you in spirit, that we all love you, and that we are sending all the love, support and comfort that is possible.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

TerryJ2

Argh! This is just the time when everything goes wrong.
And that's a lot of flying, no matter which way you look at it.
Once it's over, get some sleep and do whatever you want on weekends. Really. It will take a long time to gain back your equilibrium.
So sorry about the shoes.
Funny, how our parents affect us, even after they're gone. I mean, thinking that your dad would disapprove of your weight ... even now, when a stranger, such as a banker, calls me by my formal name, I jump, because my dad only did that when he was mad.
Best of luck.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Steely

Gonna give you a bit of advice for the memorial, you can take it or leave it. But it's going to be emotional and stressful. Try to find something that is both appropriate to wear and that is comfortable.

(((hugs)))

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I agree with Hound on this one. And FWIW? I know the things our loved ones have said and done leave their marks. But Steely sweetie? There's a HUGE difference between "fat" and "an extra pound". And you know what - my best friend is, if I look at her as a stranger, a bit tubby - but I don't see that when I see her. I see my friend.

Comfortable always trumps fashion, for me. And... I think Tesla's trying to tell you there's not enough wood and leather and plastic in her diet... Apparently she wants a cowhide-wrapped tree with plastic studs? Well, we all want things we cannot have.

Whatever else, know we will be with you in spirit. :hugs: