No news...good news?

AliceLee

Haven't heard from our daughter for over a week, now.

I know that really isn't all that long, but...

She's moved into a new apartment (I don't even have the address...), has supposedly started a new job (I'm not 100% sure of the name of the company), and she has no phone, so I can't just call her. I've sent her an email, but I don't think she has access to a computer, so I'm not really expecting to hear back anytime soon. The scariest thing is that she's living with a guy who beats her up.

I'm not detaching very well today. I know that part of the profile of "abusers" is that they isolate their victims. She sure seems isolated to me.

I'm so tired of the pain. I know you can relate. Thanks for hearing me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
AliceLee

No one ever said detachment is easy. Usually it's the hard road. And when you have a difficult child in a very potentially dangerous situation it is really tough to completely detach yourself from it. You're gonna worry no matter what.

I wouldn't fret too much about a week.

Saying a prayer difficult child gets a clue fast about this guy.

(((hugs)))

TYLERFAN

Sending Hugs AliceLee
We really do know how hard this is.
I'm so sorry your daughter has chosen to stay with an abusive man.
How awful!

Blessings,
Melissa

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> i agree with-lisa ~~~ a week isn't all that long. i do understand your concerns tho. he's a scarey guy.

will keep you in my thoughts.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

ScentofCedar

This helped me, AliceLee. When nothing else works and it feels like you are not going to make it, begin repeating the prayer and it will help you.

GOD, GRANT ME THE SERENIY TO ACCEPT THE THNGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE.

Some days, we KNOW we need to detach from the situation, we know there is nothing we can do ~ but it is impossible to accomplish.

That's when the Serenity Prayer can help us make it through that night.

We all are right here for you, and so many of us have been where you are, now.

You will make it, too.

Barbara

KFld

I agree with Barbara. That prayer has helped me more then anything when I had trouble detatching. Just keep repeating it and go out and do something nice for yourself.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
AliceLee, I just wanted you to know that I read your post and I'm sending you a hug.

Suz

Jen

OOO I shouldnt comment because I would say things that you are feeling. What I mean is,"Hate the word Detach", shouldnt have to, didnt grow up knowing that word, and never anticapated that it should be part of my vocabulary right?
Week isnt very long? Again shouldnt even be having to state this right?

How dare they, right?

I feel and understand for you.

May peace be before you, even if it is only momentarily.

Jen