No no no no no~~~~ oh no~

Star*

call 911........call 911
Soon to be daughter in law.............said..........(I can't hardly repeat it) :kidseyessmiley2:

"Well Ouixa is adorable and she sure is a sweetie, but I don't want dogs:cool_dog: around Addison." :people_crybaby:
WHAT???? Wait you don't want my Grandogger around my Granddaughter? Her sister? ?:imok: :faint::runcirclsmiley2:

Sooooo do I tell her NOW she's OUT:kickedoutsmile: of the family or wait until AFTER the baby is here? Gosh and she had SUCH promise too.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
What's wrong with Ouixa being around the baby?! Dogs and cats are GOOD for children!!! Helps with allergies too!!!

OMG. Take that baby and Dude and Ouixa and RUN my girl!

buddy

Really, my sister had such fears and thoughts like that before she had her first baby (who is nearly 16 now) and they were never going to eat mc d's or hot dogs etc.... We respected it all because we knew how life would relax once time went on.... Sure enough they eat everything, and they ended up with a cat and a german shepard and everyone took care of her kids she was glad to have the breaks etc....

I think just maybe relax and wait until it really happens. May take a while but it will likely work itself out. I dont know her so may be off base but just saying....

jal

Doesn't want DOGS, or because of the breed? We had a Rottie when difficult child was born. Had him from 5 weeks old to 12.5 years. Best dog ever. great with-kids.

Star*

call 911........call 911
GRAMMPA SAYS: FINE WITH ME! I don't want her to move anyway. :flirtysmile3:

She's a pitbull -but that has nothing to do with it. FDIL doesn't like dogs, dog smell, dog hair, dog breath, dog mess, dog food, dog whatever. Then says OH I love her????? LORD! Houston we have a problem.

I quelched the conversation by sending her a picture of all FIVE of OUR kids in bed - MY BED - my KINGSIZED BED. I got NO response. Then sent her a picture of Ouixa in HER own bed...pink sheets, pink quilt, pink blankie, on her back, resting, with her toys, her dolls, her pillows......satin. DF says in his next life he wants to come back as one of our kids.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ditto Susie. lol

It's just First Time Mom Syndrome, it will wear off in time.

As for the "I don't like ect ect", you might laugh and calmly inform her that baby poo, baby spit up, and baby vomit is not that appealing either. Not to mention having food thrown at you and many other countless things....... Shoot, put that way, I'd take the dog. (well, babies make up for it in cuteness thank heave or the race would not continue)

My mom hated dogs. I cant' tell you how much I heard about how she hated this or that about a "d@mn dog" over my lifetime. Well.....my sis got a wild idea to get mom a puppy after stepdad died to keep her company. Sis was staying with mom so could help with the house training ect. Putzie (what a name) stole Mom's heart lock stock and barrel. He was the most spoiled dog I've ever met. She had dog insurance on him. She literally tucked him in at night and he had a "baby" to sleep with. He had a bath at the groomer every week. (yes I tried to explain that was too often) Not once did she complain about him. Except that he was too strong for her and would accidentally throw her off balance. When it became a safety issue she took great pains to find him a very loving home that would spoil him rotten the same way she did.

Now? It's how are your furbabies doing?? Not, oh when are you gonna get rid of those darn dogs! LOL Since bro is living with her, she's currently spoiling the heck out of his dog.

DammitJanet

You do remember when Mandy was pregnant that she swore that the baby would never be allowed to come over to our house unless we got rid of our dogs? Well, now that the baby is here Mandy is far more open-minded. Especially since McKenzie's favorite toy is Buddy!

Funniest thing though is Keyana always wants to know if Buddy is chewing off "her baby sister's" toes! (Thats what he does to all her baby dolls...lol)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ouixa has eyes like Puss in Boots.......and she looks and behaves JUST LIKE DUDE......NEVER in my life have I ever had a dog that looked so much like her owner. Except (well you know Grandparents) ......cuter in a furry red coated, big eyed, waggy tail sort of way......and at least when SHE is busted on no-no's? She cops to it. Then she does the Puss In Boots eyes - and while she still gets her scolding? We HAVE to look away and laugh - and THAT is sthe FUN PART of being a GRANDPARENT to an adorable little girl.

Oh I just can not IMAGINE...."NO DOG in the house, NO DOG near the baby!" Good grief she sounds like that horrible woman on Lady and the Tramp with the Siamese cats.

Ouixa isn't a toe nibbler like Buddy - she's a giggle puss. If you start laughing? She goes to pieces and you are literally licked until you laugh and can't breath. It's ridiculous. Then you give her an Oreo and she's fine. She has her OWN bag you know.

DDD

I'd chalk it up to first time Mommy feelings. Most of us had really set ideas of "right and wrong" "good and bad" "cute and gross". Whatever makes her most comfortable facing parenthood is the best road. We all know, sigh, that as time goes by our positions mellow.

GFGmom always had dogs and cats that were treated like equals to the toddlers...ugh. As a grandparent it can drive you nuts to see a messy dirty apartment with your precious grandchild climbing around old bones and toys, Ugh.DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
DDD hadn't considered that......UGH. I don't think this little gal is ANYTHING near that. I just can't imagine baby pictures of my Granddaughter without Ouixa in them. Makes me a little sad. They're (in our mind) sisters of sorts. Dude has baby pictures of his first puppy - we got the pup to raise and grow up with Dude. He's attached himself to this pup Ouixa so much I just can't see this "I don't like dogs" being a non-issue in the houe unless holding the baby changes Dude, and it may well. He's wanted a little girl forever. He was so good raising the pup it amazed us all. It was his first lesson in someone else before self and he came through with flying colors.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hmm...

Guess I've been around friends' kids too much. Because... We have a dog, and two cats, and I ain't gettin' rid of 'em for Bean. Bean will love them too!

on the other hand, there will be NO.SMOKING.AROUND.MY.CHILD. so I guess I have my own thoughts.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you lit a cigarette around my child? YOU would go up in smoke alright. Native Americans on the plains of the 1800's would know you were here in SC. I smoked for years - but NOT around my kids.

donna723

Yep, sounds like "first time mom syndrome" to me too! It's a whole lot easier to be the perfect mom before the baby is born than after! Usually it doesn't last long after the baby comes and reality sets in. Actually I feel sorry for children who grow up without knowing the love and friendship of a friendly family pet. They are missing what should be such a big part of their childhood. My daughter and sister in law have two large dogs and I think the female dog knew Allison was pregnant almost before Allison did! She never left Allison's side the whole time she was pregnant, even followed her to the bathroom! She knew! And after Ethan was born, she was just in awe of him, had to be checking on him all the time. He'd be napping in his crib and you could hear her toenails on the wood floors in his room on the baby monitor when she went in to check on him! The only time they didn't give the dogs free access to him was when he first started walking and they were afraid that the two big rowdy dogs might knock him down.

And Star, you crack me up about Ouixa and her Puss and Boots eyes! I know exactly what you mean! My first Boston, Ms. Rudy, would do the same thing. If she got in to trouble, her first line of defense was to look up at us with those huge, sad eyes, like dark limpid pools of sorrow. If that didn't work, she would continue with the sad look and would blink rapidly until actual little tears would form in her eyes ... a bit like Ralphie in "A Christmas Story" when he was trying to whip up some tears to stay out of trouble for breaking his glasses. If that didn't work either, she would continue with the sad look and the tears and would start slowly walking across the floor with a limp! Sometimes she would forget which side she was limping on and switch sides ... but who could stay mad at a pitiful huge-eyed crippled-up little dog who was crying real tears as she slowly limped across the room? Usually by this time we were laughing so hard that we had totally forgetten what we were mad at her about!

InsaneCdn

Janet... I'd take you dogs and all, but... smoke?
But then, we live with dogs... and no smoke. So that would be a big deal.
If the parents smoke - then they have to take you, dogs, smoke and all.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You are not a horrible grandmother Janet - YOU SMOKE - because BABY - YOU ON FIRE YOU SOoooooooooooo HOT! Ssssssssssssssssssssssss (finger on hip) Woooooo WOooooooooo HOT MOMMA!

And Donna - THAT has got to be the winner of the BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMATIC CATEGORY (hands OSCAR MAYER WEINER) You had me on the floor laughing picturing the big eyed, teary, oh dear which leg did I limp on Boston.....I love their looks so much - and THAT would just have me trying to bite both my lips not to laugh - but they know don't they. THAT however would have never been able to keep from busting out laughing. What a love. A limping one - but still. HOW intelligent was she!!!!?