No no no no no~~~~ oh no~

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, if you're a horrible grandmother, then so am I because I feel the same way. But it's not like I sit around and chain smoke with them here or something either.

At easy child's house I go outside, because it's HER house. Know what I mean?? But sister in law *thought* he was gonna lay down the "law" and no smoking whatsoever..........yeah, that didn't work. Not if you want me watching your kids.

DDD...........I had to laugh at yours when you said toddlers crawling around on the floor equal to the dogs among the bones and toys.........Nichole caught Betsy trying hard to share her bone with Oliver. She simply adores him like she does Aubrey. And she shared with Aubrey, whenever she could get away with it. LOL (thank heaven my dogs are wormed regularly) Nichole's husband was freaking and Nichole just calmly watched dog and baby and laughed. (Oliver tries to eat GRASS, just imagine what is on THAT LOL )

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe Oliver's tummy was upset. That's what all mine do when their tummys get upset. They go out and eat the tall grass. OMG that's just too cute.

Well I haven't told F.daughter in law that Casper has a middle name.........same as Addison's. I'm not going to either. I told Dude if he opens his yapper he's DISinherited.

I wanted a little girl and I loved the name Grace........I didn't get a girl dog I got a boy dog and he was 140 lbs - and NOT Graceful - Everyone kept calling him "GRACE" to be funny - so that became his middle name.

Casper Grace. Just like his Niece - Addison Grace. I think it's funny. And I can't wait to see what Old FDIL says about DF and his smoking.......He's got one of those electronic cigarettes now.

DOGS - CIGARETTES........Dog HAIR .......CIGARETTE smoke. I bet I never get asked to babysit.

DammitJanet

trust me, once they get tired of getting up in the night or want to go out partying, they want grandma to babysit. we dont charge.

I remember when Billie was pregnant with Hailie and she swore I couldnt smoke around her so I said fine, I wouldnt. I smoked outside at their house and I never smoked out in the rest of the house when they were here. I only smoked in my bedroom and I kept my bedroom door shut. It never failed though that she would bring the baby into my room when I was smoking. I told her repeatedly that if I went into my room, I was most likely smoking! Dont bring the baby in unless you are prepared for the baby to be around smoke. Oh it was fine she said...lmao. Okay...I dont get the issue then.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think FDIL smoked.....Dude doesn't. He told her she needed to stop. IMMEDIATELY if they were to continue dating. I thought to myself "well if that's all it took to get someone to change a behavior......'YOU WILL STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY - or I will stop dating you!"(or being your parent) sheesh the money and time I could have saved -slaps head" I'm hoping that after nine months she just quit and won't go back to it.

DammitJanet

Star...be prepared for Dude to think that he can be the perfect parent and that his child will never do the things he did because he simply will not allow it. Yes I am laughing my hind end off here. When Cory first told me that my mouth fell open, I looked at him, I swallowed hard and said...and we did?

He just looked at me and told me that if his kids acted badly he would whip their asses. I dryly said...ummm tried that one didnt we? He looked at me and said well he was different and he was difficult and that nothing we could have done would have changed him. I just laughed at him and asked him what he thought would make him different. Oh he had it all had planned out. I told him I thought I had it down too. Remember, we are related!

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know Janet - for as MANY times as I THOUGHT (and I swear to you it occured to me, It ALMOST came out of my mouth, and for as much as it was WAY more than a passing fancy) I NEVER ONCE, NOT EVEN CLOSE said "OH I HOPE YOURE KIDS ARE ALL LIKE YOU." to Dude - NOT because I begrudged him the JOYS and CHALLENGES of raising a child like him, NOT because I envied him one single moment of PULLING OUT HIS HAIR, or the strokes, or GOING broke, or the WORRY LINES - no NOTHING protectively parental like that. Naught uh. My motives were purely selfish......100%. See IT NEVER EVER once crossed my lips because ------

I swear I could do a top ten list - but.......

1.) I didn't want my GOLDEN years to get BOGGED down with crapusamundus from ROUND TWO with a grandchild - I wanted peace in my life. NOT BOLOGNA. I would be the EPITOME x 1000 of DETACHMENT from a difficult child Grandchild. NOT KIDDING - AFTER DUDE= ARE.YOU.KIDDING?????? SCOFFS. Laughs........walks away with fingers in her ears......laughing. NO no no.......NOPE......

2.) I would have learned how to detach so well from Dude???????? I would merely sit and blankely blink.......while Dude offered HIS Brand of KEEN INSIGHT, get out my folder, blow the 1" of dust off it, adjust my glasses and re-read DETACHMENT 101, 2010 version from CD Board......and fondly remember the good old days, and embrace what is left of "Fritz" and the fact that I'm probably in Depends and Dude is complaining about MY encopresis to HIS support group.

3.) I would NOT wish Dude's behaviors on my worst enemy. WHY would I wish them on my son?

DammitJanet

I did do the parental curse more times than I can count. Maybe that is why Jamie stopped at two...hmmm. LOL. I always told them I hoped they had 3 just like them...lmao.

Unbelievably, it appears so far that Cory's kids seem to be cute, smart and good kids. How that has happened I will never know. Yes I know the baby is still very young but she has outgrown the really fussy stage she had and is already babbling what appears to be some words. She is saying what we think is dada and mama and baba. She is a real babbling baby.