No School Again Today

Bunny

Once again, because the town did such a TERRIBLE job of clearing the roads, the schools are closed, citing poor road conditions as the reason. So far we've lost two days to this blizzard and were already making up five from the hurricane this past fall. How the heck are they going to make these days up?

They were pretty well behaved yesterday, but I'm not sure if that was because being home for a snow day was a novelty, or if it was because their dad stayed home, too. difficult child tends to behave better when Dad is home. He will completely lose his temper with his dad, too, but he doesn't do it as often. I'm hoping (praying) for a good day today and school tomorrow. My anxiety is peaking, which helps nothing.

Calamity Jane

NBC local news showed the poor condition of the roads in Suffolk county, and the frustration of the residents. LI residents pay the highest taxes, and are always messed over by LIPA. Don't know if you saw the same newscast, but they were saying that one of the town admins has called out sick every day since the storm, and in another town, the administrator has been on vacation since 2 days before the storm, and still hasn't returned. It's a scandal. Residents were trying to shovel the streets themselves, and one elderly man who joined them keeled over, and the ambulance couldn't even get down the street. They had to use a sled device and pull him to a safe area before loading him on the ambulance.
I hope your difficult child behaves today, and that school opens tom'w.

Bunny

So far, he's doing okay, but it's only 2:00 and we still have a long way to go until bed time.

I went out to the store today for the first time since the storm hit and some of the roads are a DISASTER. Even the main roads are a mess. The street the brother in law/sister in law live on was still not plowed as of last night. It's disgraceful.