No school and --19 F this morning. Post your crummy weather.

BusynMember

This is the coldest it's been here in ten years. And does my 12 year old care? No, she's thrilled there's no school and has already asked me if I'll drive her to a friend's house. Um, I'm not even sure the car will start, even though it's in the garage :redface:
(Californians please refrain from gloating)

Lothlorien

It's 32 and snowing...slightly. No accumulation.

We've been pretty fortunate so far, this winter. I know we are going to get slammed though....It''s just a matter of time.

SRL

-13, with wind chill of -39. It's dangerous cold out there.

Schools were out yesterday for blowing snow, out today for cold, will be out Monday for MLK day. Geez...you would think at least one of these would fall on Inauguration Day.

Edit: Just checked the weather. Make that -15

Star*

call 911........call 911
Did anyone else get the hahah on the topic of the post?

My computer only showed
RE: No school and --19 F this

ROFfreezingmBo.

I thought dang MWM - it will be okay....lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's 7 whole degrees here with a windchill of -7. And supposed to have windchills of more than -20 later today, maybe worse tonight. Schools are on a 2 hour delay. Not sure what good they expect that to do since the windchills are supposed to get worse??

I'm not complaining. Most of you have it way worse.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This morning we were at 9°F and I was not happy. But now that I've ready some of your posts, wow, I'm thanking my lucky stars it's this 'warm'!! I heard it's not supposed to get much warmer here. And last night H burned the last of our wood. Which means we will be relying solely on our oil, ugh.

H is working outdoors in this !! I told him to put some of those "Toasty Toes" inserts into his boots but he said only "Girly Men" where those. I am happy to stand among the 'girly(wo)men". I love them!!

Try to stay warm.

Wiped Out

Staff member
-14 degrees with windchill at -31 right now. No school here (looks like we'll be making it up at the end of the year-not thrilled about that as my building has no ac-it'll probably be 90 degrees-I'll just try to remember the cold I guess:)) Our windchill warning goes until tomorrow at noon so there is a possibility we won't have school tomorrow, that and we have no school Monday due to MLK day.

Nancy

-2 with -17 wind chill. It's suppose to be colder tomorrow with wind chills -20's.

School was still on today but rumor is it will be called off tomoorw. There's no school Monday either yuk yuk yuk. I hate snow days. One more day to have to keep track of her whereabouts.

Nancy

B

bran155

Good morning all. 13 degrees here and snowing. Weird, we have school. A couple of weeks ago the school closed because of rain yet, today they are open with no delays. Makes no sense!!! I thought for sure school would be at the very least delayed a couple of hours. The kids aren't happy, but I am!!!!

Have a good day. Stay warm and drive carefully. :)

Andy

No school! -35 degrees F Windchill atleast -40 degrees F

Kids are staying home - I am heading into work - I have a 1:00 meeting.

trinityroyal

- 20 here, with the windchill making it about -29. Brrrr.

Like Lisa, I'm not complaining either. The rest of the country has it far far worse, as I live in the ...erm...warm zone. Saskatchewan was measured at -47 incl. windchill overnight. Those are temperatures that just don't bear thinking about.

I remember being out when it was that cold, many years ago when I was in the Laurentian Mountains in Quebec. My nostrils froze and stuck together, I couldn't feel my face, and when I got back inside, my eyelashes and eyebrows were white from the frost.

Fun, wow!

Bundle up and keep warm everyone. Better still, stay inside if you can.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, it's HORRIBLE here. 65 degrees with light wind gusts 10 to 20mph.

Should get up to 75 today. I know. It's a lousy place to live, but somebody's gotta do it. ;)

'Chelle

Yep trinity, it's been awful cold for the last month. Yesterday when I went out for lunch it was -32C, or -26F. One day a couple weeks ago it was -39C (-38F), with -49C (-56F) windchill. And nope, they don't close the schools here for that LOL. Yesterday when husband picked easy child up after school, she a couple others were playing outside while waiting. Silly kids.