No school and --19 F this morning. Post your crummy weather.

tiredmommy

Our low was 7F with a windchill of -14. School is open today, even though we were slammed with lake effect snow too. But there is state testing today.

My bet is on school being closed tomorrow with windchills into the -20 range and most of the state testing wrapped up. :rolleyes:

susiestar

Roll With It
We started at 5 and by 7 were up to 18, with a windchill of I don't know. But there was a LOT of wind. I wanted to drive thank you up to the bus, but the car wouldn't start. It hates being cold. so he decided to run - on days this cold if I can't drive him he has the option of staying home because the asthma. It is in his 504 AND the school actually suggested it. BUT he loves school and didn't want to miss a day. So off he went.

Glad he has a really GOOD coat.

muttmeister

It is noon here and finally UP to 7 degrees. However, it is supposed to be 50 by Monday so my plan is to not leave the house. Even when I let the dogs out, they squat and are back knocking on the door to be let in before I've had a chance to do even one thing. I'm ready for spring.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okey-dokey! I'm sending a blast of our 83 degree weather this afternoon to thaw out Star's DFD (DF donkey) so's she kin move to Ohio where it's SOOOOO much warmer (?)

Seriously, I think I'm gonna have to put some sunscreen and a hat on today. Where are my shades?:beach:

BusynMember

Where are the Mods??? These warm weather folks are ABUSING the rest of us :tongue:
They've already called off school for Friday. How lovely. I'm so excited to have the kids home for a four day weekend :sad-very:

The only up side is that here the kids don't get off for MLK Day so they go back Monday instead of Tuesday.

This winter has reaked. It either snows ten inches or it's -20!!! :faint:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It is close to 80 right now... I was outside cleaning up and had to come in it was too hot....
I am going to the corner.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Kitty the seat of your pants could be in a Thong... lying in the sun! Tee-Hee...
Heck I paid my winter dues. I moved because of K, ;) I am suffering! Honestly.

Andy

Midwest Mom - I suggest if the mods don't stop this abuse agains us and our frozen friends then we start a snowball fight (one sided of course since SOME people don't have the resources we have to make a snow ball). And of course, no one gets hurt since the snowballs will melt before they reach their targets but we will get our point across. Choosing sides is easy - you either have snow or you don't.

:snowing::snowangel::temps:
.​
LOL - Just kidding! I really do appreaciate hearing about reasonable to good weather because then I remember that there really is such a thing. Helps me to remember that this crummy ice cold weather is short lived (I hope).

Andy

Oh, by the way, a news person showed on the news this morning a frozen egg. They left the egg outside for a short while and cracked it open. The whites where kind of "gelled". Those will really hurt if they hit someone. So, no aiming at the head.

Andy

:rofl: Is that similar to people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

How about people in chicken coops? Are they allowed to throw eggs?

:rofl:

Snowball heading out!

If I have to cluck when an egg comes in, do you snuck when a snowball heads your way?

BusynMember

I'm rolling a cyber-snowball, that should get bigger and bigger as it collects more snow, down on all the gloaters. Of course, by the time it gets there, it will have melted...(sniff). You guys are so mean.

Lothlorien

It's 20 now and -10 winds. They've cancelled everything here, because of icy roads. They cancelled stuff tomorrow, at 3 today.