No self-control

witzend

It's been kind of a crummy weekend. I got into a fender bender in a parking lot yesterday - probably my fault since I backed into a car - went for a training session for volunteer work that husband and I do that was being run by people so impressed by themselves that we walked out - and indulged myself in beer and tequila shots last night.

Today, I sat and ate a half a plate of brownies by myself. I left one for husband, though. I have no self control! But then again, he slept until 1:45 this afternoon, so I guess neither of us have any self-control!

donna723

Well Witz, at least you have a little self-control! You did leave him one, didn't you? I would probably have eaten all of them ... and then made some more! ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Donna you and Witz are both nicer than I would be -- I'd eat the whole plate and then reply, "Brownies? What brownies?" :p

witzend

But I made him take all of the cream cheese stuffed summer sausage to the neighbor's house because it isn't good for him and is too fattening... I had to leave him one brownie.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Witz, I think you might have saved your husband's life.

First you made him take those calorie/fat loaded sausages to the neighbor's, then you sacrificed your own health to spare his by preventing him from eating more than one brownie.

You are a kind and loving wife. I tip my hat to you and so should he.

(now go have HIS glass of wine and yours, too :D )

Suz :wine:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Cream cheese STUFFED summer sausage? I'm in WI which might be the home of summer sausage and I've NEVER heard of that. Sounds kind of nasty, actually.

The tequila would've done me in. I like craft beers and the sort of Scotch I can't afford, but tequila just gives me a migraine upon drinking it, and a hangover that lasts two days.

I can't handle the stuff at all, even the high-class stuff.

donna723

"I would probably have eaten all of them ... and then made some more!"

"Donna you and Witz are both nicer than I would be --"

Actually, I'm not that nice at all! When I said, "...and then made some more!", I meant some more for ME! :tongue:

witzend

It's thinly sliced dried type summer sausage, folded over a little bit of cream cheese, like an hors douvre. And it is really, really, good!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Oh. I get it, Witz. I was thinking the wetter new summer sausage. ALL salamis are actually summer sausages.

In Germany we used to eat a very thin sliced hard Hungarian peppered salami along with cheese.

It was very strongly flavored and not something you wanted to eat too much of, but eaten along with some fruit and crusty fresh baked rolls, it was a wonderful breakfast.

susiestar

Roll With It
I think you have great self control. You didn't drop the chocolate did you? The fender bender is CLEARLY the other car's fault. If it hadn't been in your way you wouldn't have hit it.

Everyone needs a weekend where they indulge themselves. Especially if they used up all the self control that their entire COUNTY was allotted for the weekend - by not strangling the over-self-impressed fools at the volunteer thingy.

You EARNED those brownies!!! And you were STILL kind enough to leave a brownie for your husband.

I am IMPRESSED with you!!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
The summer sausage with cream cheese sounds good to me!! I agree that you earned those brownies! Sometimes we just have to indulge! Be gentle with yourself!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Witz, I think you might have saved your husband's life.
...you sacrificed your own health to spare his by preventing him from eating more than one brownie.

You are a kind and loving wife. I tip my hat to you and so should he.

:rofl: Suz, you must have been in PR in a past life! Spin, baby, spin!

Blondie

:rofl: Suz, you must have been in PR in a past life! Spin, baby, spin!

We now totally need a spinning gi/smiley, ya'll realize that, right? With big smirk on face of course. :rofl:

I heart the thin-sliced salami/corned beef/pastrami and-or summer sausages rolled up with-cream cheese. Sometimes with-cream cheese blended with-creamy ricotta & a dash of sour cream-n-chives. Or any combo thereof
OK now I'm drooling
GN you're right about the served with-crusty bread. Straight outta the homemade oven. Or little braided crusty ;brodtstucken:

Oh my
Now I have steitlang
:(
&megadrool
I'll settle fo chocolate eclairs for brekkie later tho (omg is it already nearly 230 a.m.? Jeesch!!)
Oh dear
Monday is gonna be my day for no self control evidently, witz. And GN. AND all the rest of you evil temptresses. However I'll be such a good girl and leave the wine/scotch/tequila and all other forms of Demon RUm to y'all bc I drink about once every 2 yrs or so lol
haha BUT the other forms of temptation are in srs peril :D
Blondie the plotting ryebrodt,corned beef, cheese, & chocolate diva: salivating!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Although I rarely eat sweets these days..............I'd made many a plate of brownies, scarfed them down, and did the Brownies? What brownies? thing to husband. LOL

Those were in my younger days. As I've grown older my attraction to sweets has steadily declined. And before you think that is a good thing.........no, it hasn't helped my weight one bit. LOL

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Witz, do NOT feel bad. Made zucchini bread this weekend. Kept one loaf out, froze the other.

They're both gone.

Lest you think - but that's HEALTHY - not the way I make it!

I also have done the brownie thing. Lots of frosting, nuts, chocolate chunks in the batter. Double batch. Made myself sick but it was SOOOO GOOD.

I can't do tequila shots. In 2001, my BFF's 21st birthday, I got very, very intoxicated on tequila and other things. All I remember is throwing up. I've been told what happened but have never drank that much since. Had a sip of husband's margarita a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't handle it. EWWWWWWW! But I wish I could. Used to be my liquor of choice. So I am glad someone could indulge... for me...

You had some major stress. Do NOT worry about it. You did save husband one. I wouldn't have!

Star*

call 911........call 911
-by any chance were you yelling TOWANDA when you backed into the other car? :tongue:

Glad no one was hurt, but the pan of brownies, and perhaps a lime or two. ;)