No stress here....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Rec'd a call from Residential Treatment Center (RTC) last evening. kt had gone seriously dissociative. Big time. The puppy licking the floor dissociative. I hadn't seen that one in a very long time.

I asked therapist at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) if she needed to be hospitalized; therapist didn't feel it was necessary at that time. Like we always did they used sensory cues & items to try & keep her kt, not a puppy. The one item I had never thought to use but seemed to be successful was ice touching the back of her neck.

kt will be kept home today for observation. I can tell that the anniversay of husband's death is fast upon us - both kt & wm are anxious beyond belief.

Just needed to talk - thanks for the ear.

LittleDudesMom

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry. The visualization of kt's state is very disturbing. But the reality is you were expecting some things like this with the kids as this difficult time approaches.

I'm glad they found a way to get kt back to reality. Was there something that set her off? Good thing they are keeping her in today.

I'll give you a call later.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm so sorry; sounds like the staff did a good job trying to keep her kt. Good choice on staff's part to keep her out of school today. Gentle hugs and, of course, continued prayers.

JJJ

Aw, poor kt. I think the next month will be hard for all of you, a lot of firsts without husband. We're here for you everyday -- remember all your supports, we'll do our best to help you through this.

Call me if you need to talk.

Steely

Hugs Linda, KT and WM. I was just thinking of you guys before I logged on. Many hugs being sent all of your way.

busywend

I am so sorry to hear kt is having such a difficult time. Hugs to you all for this difficult time of year.

graceupongrace

Linda,

I'm sure it's heartbreaking to hear that, but it sounds as if Residential Treatment Center (RTC) staff handled it well.

Hugs, hugs and more hugs.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
So very sorry. Such a hard thing to hear and hard on both of the kids.

I will have to try the ice thing on K. Good idea.
Hang in there, what a trying tough month.