Nomad, how are you doing?

N

Nomad

Hi Terry. Thank you for asking. The oral surgeon
spent a lot of time cleaning out the site. The X-ray shows a large dark area where the tooth use to be and down low into the jaw and very near a large nerve. He cleaned with antibiotics, but didn't want to get too close to the nerve. I'm on a large dosage of antibiotic and have also started a Medrol packet. He suspects minor infection and excessive inflammation...an unusual combination, perhaps due to the Sjorgens. My blood pressure medication has been tripled. I still have a low grade fever, but just now it seem to go down ever so slightly. It has fluctuated a bit
over the three weeks...so hard to say. My pain was very bad last night, which was expected. Today it has been better. I'm seeing a cardiologist Monday. The removal of the graft and the Medrol pack are two new things and I'm hoping the cardiologist can add insight. The dentist said if there is not improvement soon with the ear pain, I'll have to see a neurologist. Anyway, trying new things gives me much hope. I am really hoping the steroids help...the 3-4 weeks of low grade fever + pain has exhausted me. Thank you again.

witzend

That sounds miserable! I hope that this is the beginning of you getting all of this squared away. Do what you can to keep the pain at bay. As you know once it gets out of control it's much more difficult to keep it manageable than if you try to tough it out until you need something.

Nancy

I'm sorry you are still feeling poorly. I really hope this new round of antibiotics starts to relieve the pain soon.

Nancy

TerryJ2

You poor thing! Sounds like you're doing all the right things.
I'm glad you're on antibiotics. And now the cardiologist has new, updated info.
Fingers crossed!
I'm sending hot packs, ice packs, and hugs your way.

N

Nomad

Thank you.
The cardiologist made it official. I'm on 4x my usual blood pressure medication and he added a second one too. I'm to get some blood work (I already had a ton of it to show him) and come back in 3 to 4 weeks. Other doctors were already increasing my blood pressure medications.
My blood pressure is sort of a high normal now...I don't feel like I'm in danger now.
However, my ear hurts like the dickens and this is a concern. I still have a low grade fever, but I think it is ever so slightly better (not sure). I often have to take pain medications and sometimes they don't work much at all.
The Oral Surgeon wanted to wait another week before removing the stiches and says I might have to see a neurologist at some point relatively soon.
This, honestly, has been a nightmare.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Geez Nomad, it has been a nightmare! I am sorry. Saying a prayer for your health to return ASAP..........and big HUGS for you too...........

N

Nomad

Terry, Recovering, Nancy and others...I so very much appreciate your thoughtful words and prayers.
This started six months ago and has really worsened in the last six weeks.
It has gotten out of hand and of course I hope that it will improve with time, patience, good fortune, etc.
Much is going on in my life right now and I do so much want to have good health to be part of it.
Your kind words and well wishes mean sooooo very much to me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and right back at ya!
:) <3

Nomad,

Just checking in, taking a break from packing, and was sorry to see this. I'm saying prayers for a quick recovery and sending zillions of healing thoughts your way... Many hugs... SFR

TerryJ2

It certainly does sound like a nightmare! I am so sorry you have had to go through it, and hope that the worst is over.
Heal quickly!!!!!!!! And I'm sending pain-free thoughts and doing pain-free naked chicken dances. :)

N

Nomad

Rainbow, Terry and others...I so appreciate your kind words and prayers. This has been one of the most difficult experiences of my life. My ear pain is constant now, as well as some slight pain down my jaw line. My gp and oral surgeon suspect trigeminal neuralgia. Sleeping is very difficult. I hope and pray with all my heart that it is simply the nerve very aggravated and that in time, it will heal. I'm taking pain medication. I'm very limited in what I can do each day. I saw a cardiologist and my blood pressure medication was quadrupuled and another one was added. On the horizon is a specialized ENT and a neurologist. I'm at a loss, but of course have been trying to keep up hope that in time, this will heal. Thank you very much for your good thoughts. I honestly believe good thoughts and prayers are helpful. So very much appreciated! Have a good day...a good weekend.
Blessings.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Nomad, I am so sorry this saga continues for you. I will keep you in my prayers and send you big healing vibes and gentle hugs for a very quick recovery for you ............

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm late coming in to this. I'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time of it Nomad. omg!

Has the obvious with the ear been checked? An ear infection? Sometimes the obvious doesn't occur to docs and so they get missed.

I seem to recall a friend years back who had a really awful infection with her tooth.........and somehow it moved to the ear as well. It took her quite a while to get over them both. :(

Hope you start doing better soon.

(((hugs)))

TerryJ2

I am so sorry that you are having trouble sleeping, Nomad. Sleep helps you heal and it is so important.
I have heard of the trigeminal nerve before, from husband. Can't remember why he talked about it, though. I will ask him this weekend, and tell him about your dental surgery. I'm sending calming, healing, sleepy vibes your way ...

N

Nomad

The Oral Surgeon called and my culture came backfine...no abnormal bacteria. I had the evening from hexx the other night and almost went to the hospital. However, last night was not all that bad...a level 2 on the pain scale as it is at the moment. I'm on percocet and have found a few weird things that help. I only eat soft foods or drink my meals for example. The oral surgeon says I have to see a neuro right away and I'm working on that...it is a special one he has in mind. Thanks so much Terry...would be interested in what your hubby has to say. My neuralgia seems to be somwhat atypical....there is one abbreviated GN that might fit the bill. I'm doing my best to stay calm/focused. The lack ofsleep and pain makes that a bit tough, but I'm trying very hard. So appreciate the good thoughts and prayers. Sending appreciation to you, HD, 3D, Cubsgirl and everyone and wishing all well. Thank you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nomad -

I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain, but I hope that you are quickly on a road to recovery and back to your old self with a lot of that vim, vigor and "bite"
I've come to appreciate and love. Sure hope someone is able to get you to a comfortable level soon. Sending hugs, prayers and well wishes......:cheerleader:go team NOMAD~~~~~~

TerryJ2

Nomad,
just talked to husband. I gave him your history and he said do acupuncture asap. I CANNOT GIVE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE SO TAKE THIS OR LEAVE IT. just saying ...
He said the longer the nerve is either misfiring or dying the worse it is. He has had success with-pts whose nerve damage was two yrs old but those successes are unusual. He said the faster the better. You should have relief within 6 treatments but it's up to your individual practitioner.
Also, many ins companies now cover acupuncture. It doesn't matter whether it's an MD, Difficult Child or Doctor of Acu, it matters whether s/he is licensed in your state and will take pts with-your type of ins.
If it isn't covered, I would do it anyway!!!