Non-Functional Nails

wakeupcall

I've had acrylic nails for years. When I worked full time my own nails were gorgeous! They were long and strong, but I was so obsessed with them looking nice that I polished them EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! (HATE the chipped polish look) Now that I'm a little older....I think I wasted soooo much time doing that. With acrylic (French look) I don't have to do a thing. They are medium length (I type a lot, too) and really, really pretty. I even have MEN ask if they are real and tell me how pretty they are. Nails and hair.....I do both for my psyche. There HAS to be some joy in this life......:D

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I love the look of pink and whites but am afraid of fungus and all that stuff.

Of you gals who have them, how many of you wear gloves any time your hands are in water? I can't imagine me doing that with how often I pet/play with the girls and wash my hands afterwards.

Suz

wakeupcall

I ALWAYS, ALWAYS wear gloves. As much as for my nails, I do it to keep my hands from being so dry. ALL dishes are done with gloves on, all hand wash is done with gloves on, wash the car with gloves on, etc. It seems difficult, but once you start using gloves it really just becomes a habit. I think that's another reason why I don't have to have my nails done as often as others seem to have to have theirs donel Of course, I also wash my hands often (trying to ward off the flu), but I have the lotion sitting beside the pump soap, and I make good use of it.

I've never had a fungus, but I also have my own tools and take them with me every time I get my nails done.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm embarrassed that when I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant nails as in the kind you hammer:916blusher:

Good for you for pampering yourself!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I wear gloves to do the cleaning in the bathroom, but not so much in the kitchen...I should though. I'm always putting lotion on. I have never, knock on wood, had a fungus. I also routinely put a thin coat of clear polish on the ends of my nails to help protect them from water seeping in.