Not a prescription, a wine list!

I went to my gyn Dr. this week and asked him a question about wine drinking and heath. I'm not much of a drinker, maybe a glass of wine a month-if that. But now that I'll be off during the summer, I work in school- I wanted to know how much is ok. I was thinking a glass a day might be enjoyable. Well, he gave me a list -it included a certain liquor store, the manager- telling him this Dr. sent me, certain wines I will love, plus- the next day, 6 e-mails of wine websites. So, (hee-hee) I guess I have the Dr.s approval to have wine every day!!! I just thought I would pass this info along.....-Alyssa

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Since we aren't supposed to name names in our posts, I love wine, Alyssa- would you please PM me with some of his recommendations on dry red wine (ie cabernet, merlot, shiraz) if he had any?

Thanks-

Suz

Ok,
Here is what he said. First he told me to go to this specific store (Suz, do you ever go to Ocean City, NJ? It's just over the ninth street bridge.) And apparantly the manager, I won't name names, but he is extemely knowledgable and will hook me up with the best wines for the money. I'm sure anytown, USA has a wine savvy worker in the local liquor store. But he mentioned Reisling wines, and there are many brands, he said ask the manger at the store to suggest some kinds and try. He said he orders all his wine by the case, but he tries lots, based on the suggestions before he orders. Here are the websites- by the way I ordered 10 different bottles , all different, with the score of 88-90 for 11.00 and 13.00 each. It was free shipping on Thursday when I happened to look there thats why I ordered then- and Friday my wine arrived Fed Ex. Plus the Dr said this is a good site. winelibrary is one. Also he said if you subscribe to this wine magazine (I have to find the paper he wrote it on) you will get e-mails from winerys that are fabulous and can only be bought through these e-mails but they are very good quality. According to the Dr. Oh, he said get Pearl Saki, in a blue bottle, it is cloudy and white, a sipping wine, I did buy that also and that was 12.00 and really good. I never had saki before. I'll be right back.

Ok, I don't know the name of the magazine- but how many can there be? Maybe google it, but another website is garagiste, winelibrary has inexpensive but good wines -that's where I got mine from. 10 bottles should last me awhile! Suz, I don't know how to PM but if you go, I'll give you the name and you tell him Dr. --- sent you.-Alyssa

DDD

:smile: Personally, I'm glad my MD is a simple Cutty Sark dude!
All I have to do is keep an eye open for sales. Ahhhhhhhh...the
simple life! :smile: DDD

DDD

Just realized that I do buy wine..and forgot to share that info.
At the grocery store in the beer and wine aisle, I discovered a
company that sells four or five different wines in cartons with a
screwoff top. I keep Chardonnay and two others in the kitchen and
no longer have any waste from wine bottles that are only partially used for cooking. Now I have a couple of whites and a
couple of reds that I can use for sauces, gravies AND for the
cook's relaxation if her Cutty supply is out! LOL! DDD

Each container is the equivalent of three glasses of wine, by the way!

Sunlight

boyfriend and I have been to many wineries. in fact, this past weekend we did three states (ohio, PA and NY) and went to 15 wineries. we are wine buffs.
I like cab franc, cab sav, and johannesburg reisling as well as many other dry white and reds.

there is an inexpensive dry red called Glen Ellen Cabernet Savignon I love. sutter home family vineyards chardonney is buttery and good.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hey, I thought they couldn't ship wine out of state....? Maybe it's just an Indiana thing....anyway, I love Reislings, although I have a friend who says that's the wine for beginners...its sweeter than most. I think I favor whites because they are served chilled, but can overcome that by putting reds in the frig....hope no wine snobs are listening.....

:smile: