Not all bad news on the easy child front

Wiped Out

Staff member
The bad: Yesterday husband was going to pick her up after school because he had a hair appointment. and she had an eyebrow appointment. He gets there and she is no where to be found. He goes into the building looks, not there. Calls her (from school phone as his cell was at home), no answer. He starts to get worried, she eventually shows up. She was hanging with a friend at the baseball field & in the field house.

Her reason: Her friend pressured her to hang out. She actually had the nerve to be mad at her friend for putting the pressure on her because she told her friend she had to go. After husband got through "talking" with her (he was royally ticked-had to miss his appointment) she was disappointed in herself-mad at herself 95% and her friend 5%:rolleyes: Couldn't quite take full blame but for her to take any responsibility is good.:)

The good-She has been quite chatty this week and even ended up helping me out at the lock in at my school last night for 4 hours. She actually admits to having had a good time.

This stuff seems much more typical teen like than her more usual gfgish behavior. It's nice to be able to see some positives! Just wanted to share since I'm always sharing about her less positive moods and actions.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
This stuff seems much more typical teen like than her more usual gfgish behavior. It's nice to be able to see some positives! Just wanted to share since I'm always sharing about her less positive moods and actions.

:D That's all good news to hear. Some days an ounce of normal is worth a pound of difficult child-ness!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sharon, how close is she to 16? Seriously, there is a major glitch in the brain that appears when a girl turns 15, seems to go away by 16 for most. But 15 yr old girls will make me want to run screaming into the night, everytime.

Can you tell I went thru it twice??

Glad she's beginning to show more typical teen behavior. Hopefully it will continue.

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
Gvcmom-I love that quote-Some days an ounce of normal is worth a pound of difficult child-ness! So true!

TM-I too will take typical teen behavior over difficult child behavior!

Abbey-You're right baby steps are good!!

Lisa-easy child turns 16 in July so maybe things will continue to get better-so hard to tell with her!