Not funny, but...

Christy

Hi All,
I haven't posted in ages but as spring has sprung, so has the mania that often accompanies it.

My difficult child has had a pretty good school year but that has all changed in the past few weeks. He is hyper, more defiant, more aggressive, less focused, unwilling to work, etc.... Last week while frantically over-sharpening his pencil, he was asked why he kept sharpening it by a classroom aide and he said that he was going to stab his teacher with it. This landed him in the support area for the day and I received a phone call. Needless to say, I was very distraught at this latest news compiled with everything else that has been happening over the past few weeks and when I questioned difficult child about why he threatened to stab his teach with a pencil, he replied, "I was trying to make my point!" He did not see the unintentional pun in this answer and it took every ounce of restraint I had not to burst out laughing! I know it shouldn't be funny but it's been a difficult few weeks.

medications. have been tweaked, we survived the weekend and actually had a nice Mother's Day. I'm hoping things will improved but I know it takes time. I'm meeting with the school to see how we can make it through until the end of the school year.

So once again, "I'm looking for a soft place to land" and the support of understanding folks like you.

Thanks
Christy

aeroeng

Mom of Three
Land away - We will put the pillows down.

Sorry the spring is bringing new frustrations. Sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. We know it is difficult.

TerryJ2

"I was trying to make my point!"

Oh, I'm sorry Christy, but I snorted when I read that. LOL. (Excuse me while I wipe off the monitor.)

Maybe he's got a life ahead of him as a comedy script writer.

In the meantime, he has to learn to control his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and his outbursts. Sigh.

trinityroyal

Welcome back Christy.
I too couldn't help laughing when I read about difficult child making his point.

Sorry that things have been rough over the last while. Hope that the medications tweak helps to settle things down. In the meantime, hang on tight, and post as much as you need to. We're here for you.

Trinity

Andy

It's those humorous comments that keep them safe from our anger/frustration at times. It pulls our frustration back to a "What?" and then some stress has been spent helping us to find some patience once again.

It also amazes me how these kids are so honest about their answers. This is their plan as if they don't realize that they can get into trouble just for the planning of it. What if he had lied and then later attacked his teacher with a very sharp pencil?

I am glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Christy

Thanks for your kind replies.

Things continue to escalate at school. We meet today to make a plan for the rest of the year. He will most likely be placed on homebound instruction or provided an abbreviated day.

We're keeping in close touch with the psychiatrist but no luck with medication adjustments so far.