Not one, but two interviews

klmno

Steely, a long interview, knowing there's another coming up, their discussion with you about moving there, and their letting you know that they need someone on board quickly are all signs that things are going well.

Now, whether or not you're sure you want this job and want to move to that down is a different story. It might be good that you are re-thinking that now. I know you wanted this to work out, but it is a lot about your choices. I don't know what the right answer for you is, only you can decide that and it's probably best to talk to them Friday and ask your questions before making that decision. Even if it doesn't work out, it is always good to brush up on those interview skills so maybe the next opportunity that you might want more, you'll be better prepared.

A tip- no matter what they might offer on Friday, tell them you need to think about it and could you call them back on Monday to give an answer. Even if you have your mind made up that you don't want the job. This might sound neglible, but it can be helpful.

Good luck!! My guess is that you did a great job with the interview or they wouldn't have had the discussion with you that they did.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Definitely stall them over the weekend if they make an offer.

In the meantime...like TOMORROW...contact a real estate agent in the area. Many companies do rentals as well as sales and have relocation services. It can't hurt to have a professional looking around for you. They will work hard so they get the business when you are ready to buy. ;)

Good luck. Don't self-sabotage with negative thinking. Even if you decide you don't want the job, this experience is good for you and helps you hone your interviewing skills. Stay positive!

Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
I am SO PROUD of you!! Ditto what the others said about the hour long interview being a good sign, esp with another interview coming up!

Make sure they provide moving assistance, and ask about housing, etc.. as was suggested.

Thinking good thoughts!

TerryJ2

Steely,
an hr long interview is a great thing!
And I read that if a candidate is TOO cocky, it is a bad thing. Businesses expect you to be a bit nervous or they get worried.

I really love this advice:
Go potty at least 15 minutes before the interview... sometimes they call a few minutes early.

I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Is the next interview with-different people, or a few of the same people?

I'm thinking that the small town won't matter too much in the beginning because you'll be so overwhelmed by work. It won't be until weeks later that you need to really get out... and you won't mind driving a bit down the freeway.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The town we moved from, you know where it is. ;)
Was 8000 people. When someone was moving long distance for a job, a lot of people and places new who was renting or where you could stay for a short time.
A lot of times small towns are super friendly in this respect.
At the bar I worked at, we had people come through and we would help hook up people from the Fish and Game or BLM, River guides, ski patrollers etc. There was always someone nice who would help out.
I would ask, if nothing else they may know of something temporary.
I have had friends do this all through Idaho, Colorado, Oregon and Washington. For every job you can think of! And they were almost every age!

Even when we were moving here we asked at the pre-School where N now goes and all of the Teachers gave us names and lists of possibilities.

You just never know.

I am sure you did a great job!

Lothlorien

I saw that you've already been given the advice for finding a real estate agent. That would be my advice as well. She can email you all the info. You can decide which ones to look at and meet her on the weekend and she (or he) can show them to you all in one day. They may be able to steer you to something just outside the town. Since they know the areas well, they can find what suits your needs.

Steely

Yes, Suz, no sabotaging with negative thoughts!!!! I feel like I am doing that. Grrrr..........:mad: Well, actually it started with some family members as I previously mentioned pouring gallons of bad thoughts into my head, and now I am having trouble shaking them. But I will. I have to spend all day thinking only positive thoughts about me and my potential.

I did a search yesterday on housing, and there is more than I thought. And it is pretty inexpensive. They would also give me a moving package of 5K to help hopefully pay my current mortgage until that can sell. They also said I could stay in temporary housing at the Lake - however - I worry that won't work with 3 dogs.

We'll see. I will let you know how the next one goes tomorrow. Thanks again - you guys are great:D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's GREAT! I was going to suggest a real estate agent as well. I hope the next interview goes wonderfully! It IS a big change, a leap of faith almost. But it just may be what you need :D

TerryJ2

Steely, this sounds so good!

I don't know what to say about the dogs. I'm Dog Stupid. I would live under a bridge and stand on my head for my dogs. :)

rejectedmom

Steely, When my husband relocated quickly I stayed home for 8 months to sell the house and get the kids prepared for the move. (They needed to finish out the school year as it was a critical year for both my daughters). husband took up residence in an inn with a long term rate. We also used a well known Real Estate service who specialized in relocation. Good luck in tomorrow's final interview. I hope you get the job and it is everything you need. You can PM me for the names of the hotel chain and the real estate if you want. -RM