Not sure about gift purse and don't want to write ignorant thank you...bet you know!

DDD

A lovely acquaintance brought me a gift today. She had told me she was going to send me flowers and I told her to save her flower money, lol. Anyway I hate to shop and I never recognize "name brands" or stuff like that. If it looks nice and is clean that's all I notice.

OK. The present is a purse that is shaped like a mailbox. it has a lovely saying on it "Every new day is a gift....that's why we call it 'the present'" On the bottom it says Charlene Olson. It looks like antiqued new.

I don't care if it cost a dollar or a hundred dollard. I just want to write an appropriate thank you note because it really is a thoughtful gift that is appropriate for my health situation. I think Olson is an artist. ?? DDD

klmno

I have no idea about name brands either but it sure sounds like a unique purse and of course, it was very thoughtful of her. I'm sure you can think of something to say to let her see you are appreciative. Maybe if it's not your style to carry, you could use it for something else where it's displayed somewhere and she knows it didn't go to waste or got pushed aside???

DDD

Actually I think I'll likely just change over to the new purse...I've been using the one I have for a couple of years. It will be strange to have a "hard" purse but WTH, lol, when I look at it I'll think of caring. I've never received an unusual present before. I see on the net that she is a painter and, of course, the "mailbox" is decorated. Kinda nice to have something out of the ordinary happen. Life has been "same old same old" for decades. DDD:bigsmile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aww, such a very thoughtful gift. :)

And each time you use it you'll think of her. Sooooo much better than flowers that wither and die.

DDD

OMG! I woke up during the night with the "purse" on my mind. Even though it has a leather (or leather like grip) on the top center to use as a handle and a brass (or brass like lock latch) on the side MAYBE it is not intended to be a purse. Maybe it is intended to be a decorative piece designed to be used for storing mail or whatever on a shelf or tabletop. Yikes. :bag: DDD Kinda nice to worry about something just plain SILLY.
:916blusher:

Lothlorien

Post a picture. If you google Charlene Olson purses, there are a couple of prints that pop up under Charlene Winter Olson. It sounds like a wonderful gift.