Not sure whether to laugh...or cry...

ksm

Difficult Child tried on her graduation cap and gown. It is a pretty royal blue, with a white detachable collar. She put the collar on and said that she thinks she got the collar because of her high ranking among all the seniors. I mentioned that I thought all girls got a white collar. She said maybe, but she saw on a list that she is about 290 out of 315 students, so maybe it was for doing well so well. I then asked about the list...maybe it was alphabetical, on how students line up for graduation. our last name starts with a W.

No, she is sure it is for academics... One time, she did make the honor roll for one semester...the semester that she did two classes at school, and three on line, she barely passed the online classes with a D or C. But did make an A and a B on the electives at school. But the real school only counted their classes.

She is an office aid student for the principal for the first hour of the day...I hope she never saw an academic list... Or she might figure out it could be the bottom of the graduation class...

KSM.

A dad

When my youngest finished high school he was fourth in his class but the best of his class was around 40 in the school so he was among the best of the worst that is something also he got called on the podium.
There is always someone worse then you that makes you good compared to them.

Karenvm

KSM, I agree with you, just being happy that she is graduating! A few years ago, my son almost didn't graduate, despite being off the charts smart. He just decided not to go to gym ALL YEAR. UGH. He was SO lucky that his principal let him graduate! I was on pins and needles back then! Congratulations to your daughter, and to you!

Roxona

KSM, I agree with you, just being happy that she is graduating! A few years ago, my son almost didn't graduate, despite being off the charts smart. He just decided not to go to gym ALL YEAR. UGH. He was SO lucky that his principal let him graduate! I was on pins and needles back then! Congratulations to your daughter, and to you!

Pins and needles! I know that feeling oh so well, and I'm so glad it's over. The last months of J's senior year J's student advisor and I were texting every hour to see where he was, was he doing his work, is he still on track to graduate, etc.

I'm so glad your daughter is graduating, KSM! That will be one more major thing to put behind both of you. (((Hugs)))

Lil

What do you call the person who graduated at the very bottom of the class in medical school?

Doctor.

She's a graduate! No matter where she graduates at, she's got her high school diploma! Good for her! :student: