Not Sure Why I'm so Sad This Morning

Bunny

difficult child has a field trip today to a large amusement park, so he needed to be at school by 6:30 am. They are estimating that they won't be back until 6:30 pm. I should be happy, but for some reason I'm crying. I did speak to him about his recent increase in aggression and that I thought this would be a good thing to being up with the new therapist and his response was, "I don't know what you're talking about." Yup. That's my difficult child. Deny, deny, deny. I got so sad when I dropped him off because I saw all of those kids walking into the school, and he was walking in and I was thinking that he looks like all of the other kids, but he's not. He can be mean and nasty and aggressive.

He did tell me ths morning that he was a little nervous about going on this trip, which doesn't surprise me because anything new like this makes him nervous.

And this weekend is Mother's Day, which is not my favorite day of the year.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out. I'm going to go now and get ready to enjoy my day.

pasajes4

I can totally empathize with your feelings. I have felt that way ablut mine so many times. He looks so normal but he is anything but normal. Sometimes the sadness I feel for mine can be so overwhelming.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sending gentle hugs your way. I can totally relate. The other day he was at my school at the end of the day and a mom of a student from another class asked if difficult child played football. I answered no but mentioned that he does wrestle. For some reason that made me very sad because it was another case of him looking normal but being anything but.

IT1967

I hear ya. I feel that way about pretty much any outing or out of the ordinary type thing my difficult child's go on. I'm always a nervous wreck worrying about whether or not it will go ok for them. Will they behave? Will there be a meltdown? A problem? I hope it goes smoothly for him.

Bunny

I'm not worried that the trip won't go all right for him. He never behaves poorly on school events, even trips like this, although I do see how this can be very overwhelming for him. It's just another reminder that he's not like the other kids. I was starting to let my guard down a little because he's been so well behaved since the over night in the ER back in March, but that honeymoon period seems to be over.

Anyway, I'm going to do my best to make it a good day. difficult child and I want to plant a vegetable garden this year, so since it's supposed to be a great day today, I think that I'm going to start digging out the area where we want to plant. The seeds for the radishes and scallions are coming up really beautifully. The tomatoes and cucumbers...not so much, so we'll have to buy plants for those and hope we can get them to grow.

easy child is happy because whew he gets home from school this afternoon he won't have to deal with his older brother. How sad is that?

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I can relate to your sadness as well. Sending hugs and warm wishes that you have a really good day in your garden and with easy child.

JKF

I can relate to that sadness Bunny. I'm sorry you're going through that today. I hope the gardening helps. I know it always works for me. I love growing things. Makes me happy and I hope it makes you happy too! (((((((((Hugs))))))))))

StressedM0mma

Bunny I am sending some gentle hugs your way. I totally understand. When I went to a therapist one of the questions she asked was if you had a magic wand what would you do? I wanted "that family" too. I would cry at the grocery store. ANywhere I would see a happy family. I am not sure what has changed, but for some reason I am OK. (for right now) I hope your weekend is surprisingly happy. ((((HUGS))))

HMBgal

I sure feel you. My grandson isn't even allowed to go on field trips unless a family member goes with him. He's 6. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when he's a teenager. I'm trying not to think about it, actually. I know how sad it is to see someone you love so hard it hurts have these kinds of problems. Especially with the aggressive stuff that causes low social status. I hate it. I hope he had a great time, and tomorrow is another day. I went on a hike with my grandson's class and he was one of the best behaved kids there! But, the day before, the entire class had to be removed from the class for early recess because he was balling his fists up at his teacher and threatening to hit her. Lovely, just lovely.

Bunny

Thanks, everyone. I knew you all would understand.

They got home late from the trip, but he said he had a great time. He was looking pretty tired, and his face had that nice "out in the sun all day" glow to it, but he was really pleasant husband brought him home. He must have been really knocked out because it's after 7:00 am and he's still sleeping. That's unheard of for difficult child.

:smile:

buddy

You know i get it too. HMB gal, I went to every trip too. Really that's illegal, they are supposed to supply support, my son never had an issue on a trip out ever. But they would assume he would. When i worked out of home, they would try that and loo fought. One time the principal rode separate to bring him back of needed. He was perfect. I hated that woman. (she asked me once, have you ever thought of therapy?....dumb *****, duh...how would that work exactly?)

It really is a hard time of year I think.