Not to be depressing....

mstang67chic

Going Green
....but I realized that today is one year since we had to put our first fuzzbutt down. On a positive note, it's also the one year anniversary of my step-mom's heart attack(s) and she's doing great! Just got back from a cruise with her mother and sister.

So, in honor of Taz, my first "baby"......

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Okay, now my heart is broken as well. We've had to put down so many of our babies. I know the pain well. I'm so sorry. I don't think I'll ever forget my precious Lilly. I delivered her and she was my shadow, never left my side. I wish men were more like dogs...

maril

It's so hard to part with our friends. Very sweet pictures, too. We had to make that difficult decision with our Bassett some years ago, poor thing.

Anyway, that is very positive news about your stepmom. Hope she continues to do well.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
This was a sorrow we shared last summer, Stang. It was only a few days before Taz that I lost my sweet Molly Doodle...and then in April of this year I lost my beautiful Chelsea. It's heartbreaking. I'd like to think our 3 fuzzbutts (along with Honey Sue and Buffy and...) are *UP THERE* having a grand ole time while they wait for us to join them.

Hugs,
Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
I think they are too, Suz. Of course....Taz was also a bit....ornery. The vet tells us that Chester is probably around a year old and I'm thinking Taz sent him our way. Nothing else could explain how we wound up with yet another dog with a personality like this! LOL Hugs!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Mustang, what a gorgeous dog. I know you still have pangs of missing her.
Hugs.

The more ummm creative Miss Liz is with opening doors and gettting into things she shouldn't the more I appreciate the sweetness of our Honeysue. I miss her horribly.

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL Taz was quite the artist at getting into things and getting out of the yard. Frustrating but it was fun at times too. We have a large trash can in the kitchen that I bought specifically for the locking lid. Uh huh. Took Taz about 3 days to figure it out. EVERY night when he thought we were asleep, he would knock it over and basically crawl in. Sometimes I would hear it, sneak up on him and say his name in THAT voice. :rofl: He would jump about a foot and scramble out trying to look innocent with potato peels clinging to his chin.

DazedandConfused

What a gorgeous dog! It's so hard when we lose a beloved pet.

When my Zachie passed I was so heartbroken. He was 11 and I had him since he was 12 weeks old. It took me years to be able to get another dog because I just didn't think I was capable feeling the depth of love like I felt for him. If there's a doggie heaven, he is definitely in it.

Then, I got my little Goldie last year. This little dog (sheltie) has brought so much happiness to our entire family. I have never seen Son love anything like he loves her. It's nice to see that tender side of him (it gives me hope!). Plus, she's so much fun.

Though she's not perfect. Just a couple of weeks ago, I left a bag of mini blueberry bagels on the edge of the kitchen table. I didn't think anything about it until I see her parading proudly into my bedroom with the bag in her mouth. After counting the bagels left in the bag, I discovered she ate five of them and had brought them back to the bedroom to polish the other seven off!

I'm also delighted that your step-mother is doing great!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Please add Rockstar to those who are in doggie heaven. He was a mini sausage in a HUGE dog outfit. It's been 5 months and I still grieve for him more than I do for most people. Sad to say, but he was just too old and disabled to get away from me when I laid with him on the floor for the early morning photo shoots.:tongue:

Who'd ever thunk that a pitbull could be such a tender heart.

Sad about your doggie...glad about your mom. Things happen in weird ways, eh?

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Yes they do.

But, as for all the doggies....we have quite the contingency of CD dogs at the Rainbow Bridge. I seem to remember something about Rockstar watching them all and protecting them with sporks. :D

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Three more... Rainbow (Samoyed), and Tick Tock and Thorin (alley cats).

My first furbabies.

Bow was 12, Ticky 16 when they were put to sleep. Tortor was about 10 and got hit by a car on Good Friday - I went to a Catholic school, was about 11-12 and swore he'd come back Sunday... No such luck.

I also should add Fur Fur String (RIP 1978) and Sir Gatorade (2005) - Gator was Mom & Dad's purry, passed from cancer right after my Grandma did.