Nothing like cramming as much into one week as you possibly can!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Jun 13, 2011.

  1. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    Things are getting busy around here with the end of the school year and two of my kids being "promoted" to new schools (easy child to middle school and difficult child 2 to high school) on Thursday, plus difficult child 2's promotion party Thursday night. And early Friday we are leaving to scatter my dad's ashes in another state. So as I'm trying to get things tidied up, finish laundry, figure out what to get packed by Wednesday, sorting out details for the house sitter who's coming over Thurdsday, coordinating the ceremony schedules with family for Thursday, picking up our rental car, etc., my mom calls.

    Her cousin is in town. This is the guy who works as a sort of travel concierge for performing arts groups, and this time he's brought the National Cuban Ballet. And he's got tickets for us. For opening night. WEDNESDAY! :faint:

    Of course, I can't pass this up!

    Why is it that when I'm busy, I'm REALLY busy? :rofl:
  2. ML

    ML Guest

    Busy is good. Lots of transitions.. life is in full swing right now. Enjoy the ballet!
  3. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    Oh, it was wonderful! This was a very high caliber group -- I haven't seen talent this good in long time! Plus, the Pacific Symphony Orchestra was the live accompaniment as opposed to taped music which some groups are known to do. And I'm so grateful to my mom's cousin for giving us the tickets (awesome center orchestra seats). He's the company manager for this group so it's one of his perks. He's responsible for getting the entire company, scenery, dancers, costumes, crew -- EVERYONE transported from Cuba to the states and then looked after and managed while they are here on tour. Sometimes he sounds like a glorified nanny -- but I know the job is very complicated. Last year one of the members of a dance group had a psychotic break and was found sitting IN a fountain at a very high-end shopping mall, crying, and convinced that the taxi cab radios were talking about him. Mom's cousin very discreetly took the poor guy to the local university hospital ER for an evaluation and got them to medicate/sedate him enough to put him on a plane back to Russia. He's had some very interesting travels with amazing people all over the world.