NOW I'm concerned.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Two Brooms called me to ask how wee difficult child is doing after his headache yesterday (apparently husband told her about it).

She has NEVER called to ask about him. EVER. Not even when he got run over by the truck.

Makes me wonder - coincidence? Or info gathering.

tiredmommy

I'm sorry that Two Brooms' history is so difficult that you have to question her intentions. Give the facts, and nothing more.

susiestar

Roll With It
Is she a blood relative of his? Or just a step-sib's mom who is friends with the idiot his dad is involved with?

Why does she want to know about THIS headache?

flutterby

Fly away!
What intel would she be trying to gather? Has she heard something about a possible change in the holiday plans?

It would be nice if you could just take it at face value, wouldn't it?

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's a shame you have to be on guard like that with her. So how did you handle the call? Did you thank her for calling and say he's fine? I know it's difficult, but try not to read too much into it.

I think because you know your decision to remain home on Christmas will make waves, you're more sensitive to this sort of stuff than you already normally would be. Try to keep it simple and view it as a mere coincidence this time. If she calls again, then I'd definitely be suspicious.

It's so upsetting to me that she can rattle your cage so easily - I totally know how that feels because my loco sister does it to me! Hugs~hope it was nothing.

trinityroyal

Shari, it smells like information gathering to me. If it's totally different from her previous pattern of not giving a hang, why else would she be asking now.

If you want to do a test, feed her a bit of information that's slightly inaccurate and see where the gossip travels. You'll know the source, and you'll get a chance to find out why she's asking.

Trinity

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Two Brooms is husband's mom. So she is "step-grandma" to wee difficult child, tho has little involvement with him.

It would be so nice to think she just cares and nothing more. God that would be wonderful. And it is possible, she occassionally has bouts of humanity. This one's just a little coincidental to be comfortable.

Trinity, I like the way you think. I think I'll do that. We'll see if it gets back to me.

And Jo, you're right on (just by the way). My tolerance gauge is running on E...there's nothing left for this sort of "stuff". And heck, I didn't even post about the angry comments she made to me at Thanksgiving about easy child 2's weight, attire, and appetite, or about that I am at fault for her not liking the dentist we go to 'cause the dentist won't prescribe more medications than she needs! I could go on even more than I do!