Now Pistachio's !!!

K

Kjs

OMG. I have had pistachios in the house for a good month. difficult child loves them and eats a handful atleast everytime he comes in the kitchen.

He has been complaining of stomach pains and running to the bathroom for a couple days. I cannot react to this or he'll think he is dying. I just told him there are some nasty virus's going around.

So tonight I logon to the computer and see in the news that Pistachios are recalled! That it was reported by Kraft food on March 24th. Ok, they didn't list the 31 states that are affected but I KNOW I bought Setton Pistachios. They were on sale. And I bought it Sunday!!!!!!

OMG. How do I keep this away from difficult child? If he finds out, he will most definately become more sick. Should I have him tested if his pain is still present? I saw him grimace today and asked him what is wrong. It was stomach pain. I am just blown away.

What do I do now?

K

Kjs

I am just blown away by this. Here I have been telling him nuts are so good for you.
We have had a never ending bowl of these. Also is the fact that he just started taking Lexapro last Thursday, so that too could be the cause of his stomach pain. Or just a virus. But difficult child...he gets everything that is unusual.

I really don't know what to do. How do I keep him off the computer. It is the first thing you see on yahoo. He is going to freak. Add that to his current anxiety issues!

rejectedmom

I would just quietly take the nuts away and tell himthey went stale and then see if his symptoms clear up. Samonella poisoning is something the body can defend itself against if the sorce is removed use the BRAT diet and a little bit of yogurt with active cultures 3x a day but if he gets severe diareah take him to the doctor. -RM

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I agree with RM; just remove them. And make dinners simple, calming foods for the digestive tract.

Also, as an aside, eating too many nuts can cause these symptoms, without the recall/poisoning. Was he really eating a lot of them? Because that can trigger those stomach pains and diarhea.

K

Kjs

everytime he walked in the kitchen he would grab a handful. Not as often on school days, probaby atleast a cup a day though.

TerryJ2

Oh, bummer, Kjs.
I'd throw away the bag and not say anything to him. If he asks, you may have to tell a white lie and say they got wet or something.
Do you have any WorldMarkets that sell pistacios from Iran or Hawaii?

Andy

How is difficult child today? I think you may need to report this to difficult child's doctor who should make an official report to the state's health dept.

If you still have the bag, return it to the store's customer service. Maybe they can return it to the company for tests on it?