now she likes her job

Sue C

Just had to share this. Melissa had gone back to working at the grocery store to work as a cashier. She hates cashiering. Well, yesterday they asked her to fill in in the deli. She came home all smiles and excited. She said she liked it a lot better than cashiering. She said she asked if they would switch her to the deli and they said yes. She said she'll make 20 or 30 cents an hour more and that really made her extra happy.

On a down note, she got her nose pierced two days ago with a hoop (on the side--not underneath like a bull) (I don't like it). It's a larger gage because they were out of the smaller gages (and she couldn't wait--duh). Anyway, this grocery store is strange. It is a fairly new large store in an area of expensive homes yet they have NO "facial or hair" dress code for the employees. The first grocery store she worked at for four years during high school still has a dress code. No facial piercings and no wild hairdo's or outlandish color. I much prefer to shop there.

Sue

KFld

Glad to hear she's liking her new position. Makes it so much easier when they are happy!!

I hate facial piercings. YUK!! and I especially hate those gage things. Don't they even realize what they holes are going to look like when they get older????

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmmm. She's about to find out that the gauged ones take longer to heal. Nichole went thru that briefly. She couldn't get rid of the infection and finally just had to let it close. Sometimes it's good that your kids are allergic to cheap metals. lmao

I'm glad she likes her new position. Maybe it's just because she needs something to do besides just standing and ringing people up all day. Cashiering drove me batty because of that. I need and like to move when I work. I used to beg to stock shelves or clean.... anything that would let me move. You should've seen the looks I used to get. lol

Here's hoping she likes it well enough to comply with the rules. :smile:

Sue C

Melissa came home today and said they were going to give her a "double raise" at work, but she didn't bother asking how much that would be. She said she guessed she'd just find out when she saw it on her paycheck. I swear that girl is afraid to ask anything.

Tonight she was talking about having her nose repierced 'cuz she didn't like the spot they put it in. She was going to go to the place where P goes...P is now her new boyfriend as of a few days ago. He has a ton of piercings in both ears (bars and hoops), under his lip, one eyebrow and both nipples. He told me proudly he plans on having a total of 30 piercings. Nice. Not. He's not the worst person in the world, but he does act like he is the authority on everything plus exaggerates on nearly everything.

Sue

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I swear that girl is afraid to ask anything.</div></div>

I had to force Travis to ask, as well as make him handle certain work situations himself. Took him about a year before he'd do it without me telling him to.

Sounds like this new position may be right up her alley.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, it's good news about the job, Sue. Rob is lousy about asking questions, too. He doesn't know what to ask or how to ask it so it usually takes him a few times. Melissa is learning a little at a time, too.

Hopefully the piercing is just a stage. There were a few years when every time I saw Rob he had more piercings and his Dad and I had to stuff our fists in my mouths to not react. I think he had 11 on each ear (all self-pierced), then he started on his eyebrows and between his lower lip and his chin. For the last year he hasn't had any. I guess he outgrew it. Thank goodness. lol.

Suz

Sue C

Lisa -- "I had to force Travis to ask, as well as make him handle certain work situations himself." Well, I told Melissa over and over to ask about health insurance coverage (I knew they had it). She kept saying she did not know who to ask. Finally one day I said if you do not ask today, I will call and say I am your mother and ask for you and it will embarrass you. She asked herself that day! LOL

Suz -- "his Dad and I had to stuff our fists in my mouths to not react." Good advice! I need to learn this. LOL "For the last year he hasn't had any." Yea! I'll look forward to that. :smile:

Angela has a piercing below her lip and wears a hoop in it so that it looks like her lip is pierced. She used to have 10 piercings (most self-pierced) in one ear and I think 4 in the other. Well, some of the piercings ripped on the ear that had the 10 holes. I think she wears just 2 or 3 earrings in each ear now. But she is talking about getting her nose pierced, too.

Sue

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will call and say I am your mother and ask for you and it will embarrass you. </div></div>

:rofl: That's the same thing I say to Travis.