NY times article

Wiped Out

Staff member
What an excellent article. Thanks for sharing. I wish it would get more attention and they would actually start to do something more in this country to help our mentally ill children.

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks for the link to this article. It truly is excellent. I really wish there was SOMETHING we could do to help stop this crisis.

I know in our town a dentist started a company who takes ONLY children on medicaid. It became so busy he opened offices in 4 or 5 other towns. ALL of the locations are busy. I only know so much because his father in law and my mom worked together.

Since there is such a lack of child psychiatrists, isn't there some way to do appts over the internet with video cameras and teleconferencing in the pediatrician's office? So the psychiatrist could see the parents and child, but it would save everyone the commute time and probably save the psychiatrist time also. Just a thought.

Anyway, this is a very thought provoking article.

That was a good read..thanks for sharing. I belong to the federation of families they at least try to help. Last year I had written a letter to take to a meeting of the minds so to speak and that letter was given to the state mental health assistant director or something like that...it came when my wraparound worker ask me to make one for her to use at a Federation of Families Conference here in Oklahoma.

There is so much that needs to be done, so many things need to be changed. Parents like us work our butts off and struggle when we really shouldn't have to struggle so much.