O.K. Who pinched me ....

Andy

and woke me up from my wonderful dream of a week?

My 17 yr old is off with a group of friends for a trip to the cities for the weekend to another friend's wedding. Of course she never ASKED if anyone would be home to take care of the puppy. She wants me to run the puppy out to a friend's home (20 minutes away and I need to be at camp in 15 minutes). She asked a neighbor if the little girl can help out. I told her difficult child would be gone until Saturday evening (though I think he has decided not to camp over so will be home for morning care of puppy). easy child said neighbor is mad at me (I am sure easy child gave neighbor a my mom is so unreasonable in making me responsible for this story) and will be calling me to arrange for care of puppy. I told her neighbor better be mad at her for waiting until 2 minutes before she left town to set up puppy care. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! I will take care of puppy but wanted her to sweat over this foolishness. She has got to learn to set up puppy care well in advance and not assume that I will be home.

And, difficult child is in a mood. Has decided he does not want to go to the camp at all. Is in a double time out at the moment. He told me to leave the house - I am suppose to just leave and live like a hobo and die when I am 50 years old. Then he got mad at me for hurting his feelings when I told him I would rather do that than be treated the way he is treating me. He thinks I should apologize. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

What an ouchy wake up pinch!!!

Well, the time out is done - I better go take care of step 2 - he wanted to talk before the time out and I said "NO, Time out first and then you can talk to me."

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Can you go back to bed? And wake up again. Send yourself to a timeout? I know wishful thinking. I think this is one of those times where they have put you in a position where you will have to take of things for now and have some serious talks about how everyone is acting when they get home!
I am sorry... Little *$(#*#&$$*#.
Sometimes nothing is ever good enough and we feel just like welcome mats, without the Welcome, just the dirt.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry! What a yucky day! Now to put you back to sleep :hypnosis::hypnosis::hypnosis: When you wake up all will be good again-well we can hope right!

witzend

I think that is one of the hardest parts of being a dog owner. Getting someone to watch the dog when you are out of town.

Sorry everyone is being poopy! Is difficult child going to the camp at all, or did he win that one?

Andy

difficult child did go to camp - this will be his last year for it and he loves BB gun and archery. And I didn't have to do the arts and crafts table, I was reassigned to taking difficult child's group around. Well, there was a wonderful 13 yr old boy scout who I let be in charge of the group - he did all the work and I was just there as an adult back-up. difficult child is going to stay overnight also! I thought he might once he got into the camp and found out what the small group would be doing overnight.

I guess I will survive puppy duty. Just needed to make easy child realize that she is responsible and can not assume I will be home especially when puppy has always gone to a friend's when easy child was gone overnight in the past.

So, I must be getting back to sleep - my dream is slowly coming back. :)

witzend

difficult child is old enough to join scouts now. They do have troops that serve special needs kids if you contact your local counsel. It's a wonderful program that helps kids learn how to follow and to lead.