O.M.G. What a month this will be!!

Mom2oddson

The following is what I've done so far this weekend:

bake 2 cakes
made 3 batches of cookies
made and jarred a batch of strawberry margarita preserves
Made and jarred a batch of Hot pepper jelly.
Filled out and have ready for stamps tomorrow all my Christmas cards (except local ones)
Got to the 1/2 way mark on the Afghan I'm making for my Aunt - the one I started on Monday.
Got 3 rooms of my house clean....the kitchen has had numerous cleanings from all the cooking.
Attended my husband's work party last night.
Got my hair permed
Got my beef bone broth simmering (it simmers for 72 hours)
Got easy child's box of Final's Survival goodies packed and ready for the mail.

And this is my only EASY weekend this month!!!

Next weekend I have all the baking for the gift boxes being mailed out to friends and family across country.... only 8 boxes worth to bake for. Then the next weekend I bake for all the local gifts...only 15 different families!
I have my work party to attend.
My brother in law and sister in law will be getting married next weekend. husband and I are the witnesses. Found that out yesterday!
I still have 9 more crochet/knit projects that need to be done before christmas.
I haven't even started to decorate.
Oh and now husband and I are hosting a reception for brother in law and sister in law the DAY AFTER Christmas!!!!! As soon as my soup is done cooking, I'm on my way to see what a banquet room at the local hotel will cost. That would be better than trying to have my house "guest" ready the day after Christmas.

AND....I get to watch Grandma from Dec 27th thru Jan 3rd! What a way to end the crazy month!!!

Wish me luck ladies. I have no clue how I'm going to get it all done and/or survive it all.

Mom2oddson

Oh...And how could I forget this wonderful part......

I will have to invite and deal with mother in law and the sister in law that have had nothing to do with me since Steph first left. That was 2 years last August. Yikes!! Not looking forward to that part, but I am the bigger and better person.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mom2odd

Dear...................give me just a third of your energy please, perty please? :rofl: (actually I'm serious)

Most of my knit/crochet projects are done. Just finishing up sister in law's. Then Travis to go and Aubrey's mittens.

There is the holiday baking with the grandkids. MY house this year, no one else has room. And they'll be baking doggie treats too. (I thought that would be a fun change)

There is the holiday baking for presents. There is the holiday baking for the sake of holiday baking.......we can't give it all away. yum! lol

Nichole wants me to go to the farm with them for xmas which is right after my own xmas dinner........uhhhh, trying to find a polite way out of that......going to depend on how I do at ours. I really enjoy her husband's family except his mom (but then no one enjoys his mom).....so we'll see.

But no way in the world is my dec schedule as frantic as yours. omg!

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Omg, can't you say no to anyone? Or just send a Harry & David basket instead of homemade baked goods? My Gawd, that is a lot to pack in!

I'll pray you have the stamina and time!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:faint: I have no clue how you're gonna do all that either! Guess it's time to break out your mask, cape and kick-ä$$ boots!

buddy

That is just too much. I always think when I see the food shows and home shows on tv I wish I had one of those perfectly decorated houses and parties to go to, etc. but honestly I would probably not love it. I just dont know how you can do all of that, but i do admire it!

InsaneCdn

<blink>
Lets see.
Got out of bed this weekend. Even got the kids out of bed. (husband is... starving on the couch by 5:30 a.m.)
Actually managed to bake stuff for this weeks' lunches.
Minor shopping trip.
Laundry.
Minor house-cleaning.
Gave K2 a warm-oil treatment for her scalp.
More laundry.
Second day of weekend... about the same pace.

<blink>
I blink, and the weekend is gone, and the 200 things that HAD to get done, aren't even started.

pretty please, add me to the list? or tell us where to get that zip, zing and ambition?

Mom2oddson

just send a Harry & David basket

For what a little gift from them costs, I can send out a 10 pound box of home-made stuff.

I really love baking. And now that husband got me a new stove, one that works correctly, it's a pleasure to bake.

And, husband works nights, the kids are out of the house, so I have time in the evenings. I think what through me over the edge was the surprise wedding.

I did find out that the conference room at the local hotel will work out. They provide coffee/tea/ice water...they set up the tables and chairs however I want them. And they do all the cleaning!! I figure cold food - sandwiches, chicken wings, veggie tray and either a cake from Costco or cupcakes if the local bakery can to them cheaper than the Costco cake.

And...I reboot during work. This time of year there isn't much going on. So I can relax and recharge.

DammitJanet

Whew! I bow down. Number one, I have one eye on my stove that works. I use that and an electric frying pan to cook. My oven works but I cant bake worth a dang. Sugar cookies and me are like mortal enemies. I can do drop cookies and the ones that you buy in the store and put on the pan but thats about it. I do like making banana bread though...but I only have a hand mixer that is falling apart...lol.

Oh no...just heard a door close...gotta run!