O.M.G. What a week so far...

rejectedmom

Suz your description of all the people who rallied around Rob brought tears to my eyes. How very nice that you can see Rob in this new light no longer a loner but rather a person valued and loved by many.

My difficult child age 22 doesn't have any real friends yet. He has had good people in his life but he just wears them out. I am hoping that like it has for Rob difficult child's situation will change in time.

My thoughts on Rehab are that since Rob was ambulatory at the time of his release he was not sent but perhaps he will be prescribed Occupational Therapist (OT) and/or PT after his follow up with the doctor. With brain bleeds until all the blood has be reabsorbed by the body there are symptoms. It is possible that these symptoms will clear as the blood clears out of the brain tissue. Then if there is any residue difficulties they might decide that therapy is in order.
Also, sadly, a lot of what is prescribed is directly affected by one's health insurance. Rob might have to go through MHMR to get treatment and services.

I am so glad that you can get a bit of rest now that the immediate crisis is over. I hope that all works out in the best possible way. -RM
-RM

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Thanks, All. You are simply the best ever.

I spoke with Heather today. She got Rob outside for a few minutes so he could have some fresh air. She says he's not very hungry but made sure she got his favorite stuff so he'd eat. He is napping a lot and still has major trouble communicating and word retrieval. That will go on for a very long time, I suspect.

I am so grateful for her devotion to him.

Suz

busywend

What a sweet girl! She got his favorites foods - how cute!

Glad he is sleeping - I swear that is the best medicine for anything wrong!

gottaloveem

So glad he is well enough to be home. I'm glad he has a good girl by his side. Sending hugs for your rattled nerves.

(((((Hugs)))))

Lia

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Suz}}} Glad the worst is over and hoping he will do what's necessary to heal himself. Thank goodness he has Heather in his corner. Hugs~take a breath.

jbrain

Hi Suz,
I'm late coming in, but you have been in my thoughts so I heard about the accident. I am so relieved he survived, so sorry there is so much recovery ahead. I'm glad he has his girlfriend to take care of him!
Lots of love,
Jane

donna723

Suz, I am glad to hear that he is doing so well. I hope that, when he gets it all together, he realizes just how incredibly lucky he was! He really had some devine intervention on that one!

A co-worker of mine had exactly the same thing happen to his 30 year old son. He was actually wearing a helmet but it was one of those that are more for looks and it didn't help much. It has been over two years since his accident and he still hasn't been able to come home. He spent months in the hospital, then a nursing home, and now is in a rehab facility. He is making progress but it is very, very slow. Rob was lucky, considering how bad it could have been.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm still not sleeping worth a darn. Rob must be sleeping for both of us. I hope I'll be able to relax a bit this weekend.

I'm trying to find the ten years of my life I lost this week. Let me know if you spot them. ;)

Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm trying to find the ten years of my life I lost this week. Let me know if you spot them. ;)

I think I found your grey hairs... they're all over my roots! Want any of 'em back?

Sigh. That which does not kill us makes our parents age faster... or something like that.

I hope you get some really good, restorative sleep this weekend. A glass of wine and a warm bath ought to get you headed in the right direction.

(((Hugs)))

busywend

Suzie goes not have grey hairs!

I vote for a massage, manicure and pedicure today! That ought to help you relax.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
J- you must not have all of my gray hairs (yes, Wendy, I have tons except most of them are white, not gray) but I appreciate your head sharing them with me. I have a hair appointment on Wednesday and I need it. Thank goodness for highlights. :)

Rob's twin sister decided to cause a bit of drama yesterday but I talked to her Mom and we put the kibosh on it. Poor Rob, he's struggling to get his strength and thoughts and speech together and she's screaming that she HAS TO come out to visit and we HAVE TO pay her way. No way, no how.

I'm puttering around the house today and have dinner plans out tonight. I'm headed down to see Rob tomorrow and keep him company for a bit while Heather is working.

Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
I think I found your white hairs also...be more than happy to send them back.

I'm guessing Rob's sister is a difficult child also? I can understand wanting to see him after this but throwing a hissy fit about it isn't going to help.

I'm glad Rob's fiancee is sticking with him...it sounds like she will do all she can to get him to get some sort of rehab. I know when you have a brain injury, you tend to sleep a lot so it may be a bit before he does anything. She sounds wonderful for him though.

As for you....get your hair done....get a mani/pedi like Busy said...treat yourself. You need all the relaxation you can get right now. And when you're done with Raoul....send him to Linda. I think the both of you could use some pampering right about now.

Sending hugs, bath salts, candles and a bottle of wine.

Or three.

DDD

How have your babies reacted to your absence and the tension? Maybe that is why you aren't sleeping well....there's no place to just chill. Still sending prayers your way, my friend. DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

Suz,

Sorry I'm coming in late here. Just to say how pleased I am to learn that he is already out of hospital and that his girlfriend is taking care of him.

Hope you are gradually feeling better and calmer.

Hugs.

Love, Esther