OB/GYN says "Stay off your feet"

Jena

Janis!! Does this mean you won't be coming on the party bus or do I have to lift you up and pop you into your seat?? :) JK

So, ok i had bed rest also with easy child, it svcks no other word. Me too, last 20 weeks I thought i'd lose my mind, but than again I didnt' have you guys back then.

Maybe you could write also, something for the baby about your last 20 weeks of him oops what made me say him?? in your belly.

I"m sorry I know it's not what you wanted, yet as you know you and baby being healthy comes first. YOu'll make it thru, enjoy the sitting now!!!!

Sending you hugs and sorry i haven't been on!! (((hugs)))

Andy

Stay off your feet! Oh how hard with the other kids at home. I hope they can sense the importance,however, sometimes kids get scared and may work to get you on your feet just to assure themselves that mommy is o.k.

I was put on one week bed rest when difficult child was 2 weeks old. My nurse midwife threatened me with hospitalization if I was on my feet at all. That was an adventure to say the least. Anyway, I can't imagine how difficult an extended bed rest is.

Stay off your feet as much as possible and then some to avoid that next step of total bed rest.

Love the names you have picked out!

Woofens

Thanks Totoro, Jennifer, Lisa and Andy. Lisa it does sound like we have the same issues. With easy child T, I started having contractions at 20 weeks, and was in the hospital at 30 week in labor. Dilated to 7 before they got it stopped.

I can't imagine doing this without the support I have. With easy child T we lived with my in laws so I had help then too. When my sister had her twins, she went on total bed rest at 11 weeks, and stayed there until the twins were born at 35 weeks. My mom took family leave to be at home with her, Jennee had 3 other kids at the time.

The kids have been pretty good so far, we have been preparing them for this since we told them I was pregnant, letting them know that mommy might have to sit alot, and not do much.

What is really getting to me right now is I'm soooo tired. I've been falling asleep by 8 PM every night, sleeping til around 1 AM, up for an hour or 2 and sleeping until 6 AM. Last night I was asleep by 7:30, and slept until 5 AM. I haven't gotten to spend any time with Mike at all. He leaves Monday through Saturday at 6 AM and comes home at 9 PM. He is off on Sundays now, so I'll get to spend today with him. Makes me feel guilty. Moonwolf and Mo have taken over alot of the house hold stuff that I did, and some that he did also, so that takes a bit off of him. Because of my back issues, he will not (even before the pregnancy) let me do the laundry, because I can't carry it up and down the stairs. He usually does laundry all day Sunday. Moonwolf and Mo have the laundry all caught up, nothing for him to do today except carry the last load upstairs. easy child T folds it and they all put it away, and easy child S and difficult child J keep the dishes done up and put away, for the most part. A 7 yr old doing dishes results in some having to be redone, but that is ok :)

Jennifer, I still wanna go on the party bus LOL A couple days lying on the beach would be great!!

Andy, glad you like the names. I love them. We actually don't have a Caroline or Logan in the family yet, which is surprising, as my grandmother told me the other night that this baby brings her total up to 30 grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren! The scary part of that is my sister, myself, and our kids equal 12 of those 30!!!!! LOL

Hugs to all, and many many thanks :)

Janis

moonwolf

moonwolf
Mom you know I'm going to be here...to help all I can...just ask me if you need anything...the furthest I'm away..is the next room...lol

I love you mom...

Marguerite

Moonwolf, good for you. THis will also be a really valuable learning experience for you, in so many ways. I used to help my sisters the way you're helping Woofens, and when the day came when I had my own kids, the sense of tranquility and assuredness my experience gave me, was a huge blessing.

Just keep her from going stir crazy and give her plenty to keep her hands busy as well.

Marg