Obsessing

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hate it when difficult child obsesses over things (which is all the time). For example, about 10 minutes ago easy child/difficult child told difficult child she was going to buy herself a Wii game and that he couldn't play it (yes, she was being a pita). Ever since he has been asking her why he can't play it when she gets it, can he please play it, he'll be gentle with it, he won't sell it, I'll go ask Dad if he'll buy me one. Argh....

tiredmommy

And the worst part is that it's impossible to distract him once he's entrenched in the obsession, right? (((Hugs))). I hope it's an early night for him.

InsaneCdn

More sympathy coming your way - on account of BOTH kids.
I don't call a PITA kid a easy child any more... and my almost easy child is getting closer to NOT.... for just this reason.

B

Bunny

Sending lots o sympathy your way. I know exactly how that goes because my difficult child is the same way.

How long was he stuck on the game?

DammitJanet

Dont you hate that? I used to take the entire game systems away if they couldnt play nice. And I never, ever got one player games. That was a disaster waiting to happen.

Californiablonde

I can so totally related. Both my difficult children become obsessive. With my son it's his Asperger's that comes out, and with my daughter it's her bipolar stubborness. I hope he finally relented for you and you were able to have a quiet evening. Hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thankfully he had already taken his evening medications and was getting tired. The obsessing lasted about an hour and then he was off to dreamland:) I didn't see him in the morning (gone before he woke up) and picked him up from wrestling practice; he had forgotten about it! (for now)

JJJ

Eeyore is on day 161 on obsessing about getting a new cell phone. I refuse to let him discuss it in a room I am also in...

Of course, he is obsessed with talking about it, looking at websites about phones, etc. But he has not done a single thing towards meeting the requirements to actually get a new phone.