ODD

kewe

My granddaughter was diagnosed with ODD when she was 7. Her mother never did follow up on it and now lives with us and her father. Has any one tried Dr. Lehman's home treatment? He has a book listed on the internet but it costs a lot of money and seems too good to be true.

nvts

Hi! Welcome to the board!

ODD is NOT a lot of fun...I don't know about Dr Lehman's home treatment, but anything that costs a lot, sight unseen with miracle cures raises a red flag with me!

Many of us here have read and employed some of the tactics in Ross Greene's book "The Explosive Child". Many found that the tactics in the book helped, some did not. Either way, it gives great insight to how these kids think and what happens to logic (it's basically out the window!) and how to deal with it. My son is 8 with ADHD, ODD, and Asberger's Syndrome and we've made really great progress with his outbursts.

Keep your chin up! You've found a really great group (they've given me a lot to work with!) that have an incredible amount of information, empathy and humor!

Beth

Nancy

I have wanted to find someone who used his treatment too. I asked awhile back but no one had done so at that time. I was half tempted to buy his CD's because he does offer a money back guarantee and I was so curious to see what he has to say. Obviously it can't work for everyone would be cured, but I'd love to know what it's about. The CD's are very expensive also.

Nancy

kewe

Thanks so much for your replies. First, I am computer illiterate and have problems negotiating the site. But knowing that there people out there who understand the problem means I am not crazy and that you have tried,with some success, treatments.

I have decided to try a trial product that I can return if I don't like it. Also, I don't have to pay over $200.00.

kewe