Oddest dream...vivid

DammitJanet

I know gcvmom was talking about vivid dreams on another thread but this was a really odd but not scary dream I had early this morning. I really think my subconscious is telling me to write a book...lol. And no, my TV wasnt on so there wasnt a show on for me to hear.

Anyway.

I cant remember the very beginning but there is this little boy of about 4 or 5 years old who is found in this basement or condemned building type place. He has obviously been there for awhile and has been stealing food from dumpsters to feed himself. He is dirty and unkempt. He has a dirty pallet of old clothes that he is sleeping on. When he is found, he tries to run and pulls away. He doesnt speak but he grunts and looks away. Police are called and they take him down to the station where they try to talk to him to find out who he is but he still doesnt talk at all. He is taken to some sort of special place - kind of like a hospital - where there are some kids and social workers who work with him to try and find out who he is and why he was out there in this place but all that happens is that eventually he draws these pictures of stick people...4 people....2 big and 2 little...and one word...missy. The 2 big people he keeps scratching over with red after he draws them. Everyone wonders...is this his family? If so, who is Missy? And if Missy is who they think she is...where is she?

mstang67chic

Going Green
I have to admit, my first thought when I saw the title of this thread was "OMG....is it TRIPLETS this time?"

That is an odd dream. I don't really know much about dreams unless they are very obvious but I wonder if this isn't somehow connected to Cory and all that's been going on with him lately?

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Seriously, Janet? Wow! Do you keep a deam journal? Can this somehow be connected to your wanting to start a parents' support group? You've got the themes of childhood and loss, the inability to express grief (muteness), the search for origins. Great dream! Feels like a gift somehow...

Star*

call 911........call 911
I cant remember the very beginning but there is this little boy of about 4 or 5 years old who is found in this basement or condemned building type place. He has obviously been there for awhile and has been stealing food from dumpsters to feed himself. He is dirty and unkempt. He has a dirty pallet of old clothes that he is sleeping on. When he is found, he tries to run and pulls away. He doesnt speak but he grunts and looks away. Police are called and they take him down to the station where they try to talk to him to find out who he is but he still doesnt talk at all. He is taken to some sort of special place - kind of like a hospital - where there are some kids and social workers who work with him to try and find out who he is and why he was out there in this place but all that happens is that eventually he draws these pictures of stick people...4 people....2 big and 2 little...and one word...missy. The 2 big people he keeps scratching over with red after he draws them. Everyone wonders...is this his family? If so, who is Missy? And if Missy is who they think she is...where is she?

This isn't official - but.....

Dreaming about :
Building that are condemened is a sign to start saving for the rainy days ahead.
Clothes: shabby clthes are a warning not to go into business with friends, but really tattty clothes signify inheritance. (another scratch off ticket?) lol
Children/little boys: A school-age boy shows what a generous soul you are.
Stealing: Look after your money or you could be out of money. Interesting that you said "stealing" food from dumpsters. I think once something is in a dumpster - it's anyones to have.
Unable to run away - suggests a lack of self confidence. Try and be a bit more pushy.
Police put him in a room: a room like a waiting room suggests you are certain about a work project.
Watcing the tail end of an interrogation (like with the police) usually means a pleasant surprise, probably in the form of a journey, is coming.
Art - this is pretty out there but - seeing works of art signifies promotion.
the color red? Red is a warning to curb your temper.

The missy part? That one is easy if you think about it.

The above is not anything magical - it's out of the Illustrated Dream Dictionary by Russell Grant. I think sometimes things can have meanings beyond what we think - but...I think Three Shadows has hit the nail on the proverbial head here. You are a thinker. In this dream - I think sometimes our senses are so vivid and so real and we see things in 3-d and it just becomes SO real that we are sure there must be a child in a basement somewhere reaching out to US. There may well be - so what can you do about it?

I have spent hours on the missing childrens web site - thinking the same thing after a dream so real I was SURE I would lead someone to their missing child. Sounds hokey - but it was so real I just knew it was real. After I went to mapping therapy and found out how a brain works it answered a lot of questions about THAT particular dream because it was VERY real, nearly tangible to me.

In my case? I am somewhat 6th sense. I think we all are to varying degrees which made that dream that I had all the more hard to give up. But what I found out in therapy was that our brains never forget a thing. Nothing that we see, hear, smell, taste - it's all stored chemically and sometimes our conscience can just randomly put stuff together and have a dream sequence of saved chemical memories. Sounds even more bizarre than thinking there is a child in a basement - doesn't it? But it was either believe that or go nuts thinking the other.

I like the idea of a dream journal Janet - I think it will help you to focus on what is really roaming in your mind while you have REM sleep. You got some wicked synapses going on up there sista girl. Journal em and see what you get at the end of a year and tie the story together...who knows - maybe it will lead you to something phenominal. THAT would just be too cool. I keep going to sleep telling my psyche to pick the winning ticket - but so far? Nuttin. I even try to travel to the future to see the winning numbers and cheat - but even in my dreams my conscience says "No cheating" and then my shoulder fairies fight - and I just give up. I have difficult child's in my dreams. lol

Hugs - hope this helps....

all in all it was a good dream if you look at it from the dictionary's point of view.

DammitJanet

Hey...I just think I have a great mystery novel on my hands!

I think I may have got the little boy in the basement part off of the HLN news the night before because they were talking about this little missing boy in CA who came up missing from his foster dads car. He is 5 but he is really small for his age because he has CP. Now there was nothing about him being mute or anything like that though. I do watch a ton of Nancy Grace though.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - I read a book for 2 hours - and you give Nancy Grace the credit -

slaps head.....lol