Off to get Q again...sigh

buddy

Lovely boy, in general (there are some public year round schools etc.) most schools start in September and go through the beginning of June. This is the time the kids switch to a new grade. They tend to start around labor day which is in the beginning of Sept...... they have a winter and a spring break that varies in length depending on the school district. It all is based on the seasons, way back when, kids were off for the summer to help on farms, or at least that is what I was taught when I went to school, lol

They actually have in the past allowe dhim to bring his gameboy or mp3 player to school or on the bus to relax. problem is there have been times he grabs it and refuses to stop playing to do any work. I guess we have to decide, so is that really such a big battle given all of the other issues? He doesn't obsess about the others being gone when we say no. I think this is because it is a new gift and he is just so wrapped up in it. He sees that (despite rules saying they are not allowed) kids have phones at school and they hide them in their pockets. He really wants a phone and pretends this is his phone ( everyone would think it is... just like an ipod touch is like the iphone. He wants to look like and feel like all the other kids. i get torn... but it is not worth a huge battle. luckily mr sp ed agreed with that. It will fade away just like everything does if they dont make a huge deal out of it.

i wish there was an alternative for schooling for him. I know he wants to be there, but that we can get over. i'd like to give him that becasue he has been torn away from his friends in school so many times. My attorney/ed advocate says that they are trying to push him out. she warned sp ed director that everything needs to stop going down this way and is trying to get the date of the next meeting 9which is not till the end of jan...moved to asap.

sounds like a meeting with the independent FBA person is happening the 10th in the morning... have to put my thoughts in order... sigh i am not hopeful anymore about this part. I think they have given up.

lovelyboy

I am sorry you feel they are victimizing him?
This must be very painfull.....maybe he is sensing it? My son picks up on such things and then becomes a bit spitefull and nasty....but in a way that only I can see its hurt coming out as bad behaviour!
Strengths!

T

TeDo

You have to admit, what she told them has to feel good on some level....rrrriiiiigggghhhhhtttttt?!? Give yourself a pat on the back!!
TeDo - where's that LIKE button!!

Funny how you completely ignore these two comments. LOL Hope you agree but just didn't want to appear vain. LOL

buddy

OH gosh, you know what? I think I read as far as her post and then wrote my response and forgot to read on..... sorry. THANK YOU!!! Yes, it did feel good. I feel like I should not say but.... BUT... I did feel a little concerned in my last convo with her when seh said she told the sp ed coordinator that I didn't trust anyone anymore... she said the sp ed coordinator genuinely seemed to feel badly about this. She also told her that I didn't want to have the school psychiatric at the independent fba meeting. I never said that and the sp ed coordinator said that is ok I just had to put it in writing. I do not want to start a fight with this guy and really dont care if he is there because this is not HIS evaluation, he wont be doing it. I am ok with his being there if he shuts up and for the last two times i saw him he did just that. He still spends a lot of time during the day with my son and even brought him to me when I had to drive him to counseling on Tues. I think he is on notice enough not to cross the physical line with q anymore. And to leave me alone. He knows I am not impressed with him.

So, thanks.... I am working hard at really trying to embrace my strengths and not dismiss them. I appreciate your compliments, I am just being me...smile.

L

Liahona

Your a great mom Dee!

You just proved lawyers point about how you are the best mom for the school to work with. I wouldn't let that horrid school psychiatric anywhere close to my child. Probably put up a big stink about him just being in the same building.

So how many days until summer break for you?

buddy

LIA!!!! I haven't seen you around much.... so glad to hear from you. LOL yeah, I do count the months but haven't counted the days. It seems too overwhelming that way to me... I am not thinking of how great it will be to get there, but how long a time we are still doing this stuff... ugg.

Q was just in the rest room, he called out (random thoughts, it always happens at night and that is how I know what he is really thinking).... "well mom, you gotta admit it..." I said admit what? he said, "you gotta admit it was a better day than yesterday". Yeah, that it is.