Off to take thank you to the Bus and Jess to the doctor

susiestar

Roll With It
I am off to take Tyler to the bus and Jessica to the Doctor. I want a checkup/progress check done. We need to get a crutch or cane for her as she NEEDS to be in school and she can't walk. Wish us luck.

Susie

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Call the school on this.......it's part of their responsibility to see that she gets an education......either give her an aide or wheel chair or give her at home instruction for a while.......

susiestar

Roll With It
I am finally back from the doctor and the school. doctor gave her lortab 5/500. It has made her sleepy - finally. We also got a prescription for crutches.

I had to make 5 phone calls to FIND a place that our insurance contracts for the crutches. If she needed oxygen or a nebulizer there is a place in town, but anything else has to be gotten from the big city. husband is picking up the crutches after work - but it is on the far side of the big city - so his drive home will be almost 2 hours AFTER he gets to the place that has teh crutches. Otherwise it would be late tomorrow or Thursday to get them.

Arrggghhhh. At least we don't have a co-pay for the crutches. And they will be ours Occupational Therapist (OT) keep. With the way this is looking that is a very good thing.

The doctor is VERY worried about her knee. She says if the xrays are negative we go to an MRI and then the orthopedist. If the Xrays show something we will go to the orthopedist and then see if he thinks we need an MRI.

I had to give school a copy of the motor vehicle report, the receipt from the doctor office AND a copy of the prescription for crutches. If she is out tomorrow I need MORE notes from the doctor. Apparently they get audited by the state on the attendance stuff. Very frustrating for me. A parent's word is not enough anymore.

I will let you all know what the next set of reports says.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie I'm glad doctor is paying special attention to that knee. I think ER missed something. (not impossible, 2 ERs missed my skull fracture)

Glad he gave her something for the pain. Now hopefully she, and you, can get some rest.

Hugs