Off to the Neuro-psychiatric again

DS3

Finally! I am taking difficult child 2 to the Neuro-psychiatric today. It's the same one I took difficult child 1 to. Wish us luck! Since he is only 2, I'm not expecting much in results, but perhaps just the answer to whether or not he has the same disorders as his brother or if it is all mimicked behavior. I'm a bit nervous and excited at the same time. We made this appointment in November of last year, and finally... we get to go!

DS3

buddy

Wow what an awesome mom, it is so great to be proactive and yet have realistic expectations... lucky kid.

Ktllc

Even if you don't get a whole lot of answers, you got the ball rolling. It is A LOT easier to schedule follow ups than the initial appointment. Fingers crossed.

DS3

I agree. And the doctor seemed to like the fact that I took his advice seriously for difficult child 1 and got him into everything he suggested. He flat out said most people don't follow his advice... which makes me wonder why they would even bother getting the testing and results if they weren't going to follow through. Doesn't make sense to me.

T

TeDo

You're right, that doesn't make sense to me either. BUT if the parents don't "agree" with the advice because of their own beliefs, practices, whatever, they aren't going to follow it. It's all about the willingness of the parents to let go of their pre-conceived ideas.

Ktllc

We have done all the testing, and there is ONE advise we are not following: taking medications.
We do everything else, but we don't want to do the medications right away. We believe the right therapies, environment and diagnosis will put V in a happy place without medications.
In fact, I'm happy and content with our choice. Now we might be looking at seizures and thanksfully V is medication free. It will make the EEG a lot easier to analyze. We feel there are too many question marks to try medications.
Other parents would have follwed doctor recommendations to the T. We did not, and it does not make us any less or better as parents and advocates for V.
Just to give another perspective! :)

DS3

We have had the evaluation already. Should have the results next week.

And to each their own. I know that there is a lot of controversy in regards to medicine. That's fine. I chose medicine because it has helped difficult child 1 so much. In regards to the therapies, I've been flat out told by his therapists that if we hadn't have gotten him the help, he would have *possibly* turned into a psychopath. Which I saw the signs. Which is why I am working so hard to get him the help.

In regards to difficult child 2, it was more or less the question of 'is he showing the same signs as difficult child 1?' OR 'is he just mimicking the bad behavior'. I know he's too young to really say much since he is only two, and a lot of what he does is 'age appropriate'. So it was more for the answer to that question.

DS3

C

Confused

DS3,
I hope everything turns out well for your little one, and glad to hear that that difficult child 1 is doing well. Hugs

DS3

So they called me yesterday and let me know they would be mailing it out.... I'm so anxious! It'll probably be here tomorrow.