off topic but need the support of pet lovers

catwoman

On Saturday my beautiful German Shepherd, Adam, passed away very suddenly from gastric tortion, a horrible condition the kills large breed dogs suddenly and painfully. My heart is broken. I've never felt such grief. Please put him in your prayers

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh, that's terrible. I've read about gastric tortion and it's horrible- I'm soooo sorry. Bless Adam's heart.

Big hugs,
Suz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so sorry. What an awful thing to have happen. :sad:

Sending gentle (((hugs))). I know my dogs are like my babies.

donna723

I am so very sorry for your loss. I been through this before too, and I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved pet. I'm closer to my dogs than I am a lot of my family members.

:flower: Sending lots of (((hugs)))

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
So sorry for your loss, I must say my dog adores me and the feeling is mutual......don't know what I would do if this happened to him, he is a very large breed.

What were his symptoms?

DazedandConfused

:flower:

I'm so very sorry!

I lost the last of my two beloved Shelties right after xmas 1999. It was sudden and painful.

I still miss him, terribly. I still tear up when I think about him and his antics. It's only been the these past few months that I've began to consider getting another one, or two. I have this terrible fear that I won't love another dog, or dogs, like I loved him and his brother.

I'm sure if there is a doggy heaven, your baby is in it.

muttmeister

I'm so sorry. I just lost my Peaches (blue heeler) within the last month. Maybe they're at the Rainabow Bridge playing together.
Hugs to you.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dog.I lost mine 2 months ago as well.Dogs are the most loyal, giving,and non demanding creatures there are.I miss her terribly.I feel your pain.

How awful.

Here is a dog story: difficult child had two Rottweilers. No matter where he went or what he did or who he lived with (even us) those two huge dogs came with. One of them developed cancer. difficult child took him in for surgery, but the dog died anyway. Beginning the day Cleetus died, a little, grey bird began pecking all along the outside ledges of the big windows at the front of the house. The next morning, it was there, again. It was there all day. I don't know where it went at night, but it came back with first light the next day. Both the dog and the cat were going crazy trying to get at this bird. If husband or I walked over, the bird would tilt its head right at us and keep trying to get in. difficult child called that night and told us Cleetus had died. Still the bird kept it up. The next day I talked to difficult child again, and told him about the bird. We wondered, like anyone might, whether that could be Cleetus, coming home.

And you know?

After that conversation, we never saw the bird again.

I believe that dog protected difficult child through all the horrible places he has been, and I THINK I believe the dog's spirit wanted us to know he was not there to see to difficult child anymore.

He was a wonderful dog.

I am sorry for your grief.

What a horrible loss.

Barbara

KFld

Ohhhh, I'm so sorry. I can only imagine your pain. I can't imagine what I would do without my little Angel.

My thoughts are with you!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
So, so sorry. Shepards are an amazing dog. I raised, bred and trained them for years. Hugs to you.

Abbey

K

Kjs

aww. I am sorry. I never had a pet growing up, never though you could ever become so attached, and love them so much. They are a part of us. My dogs are my babies.
Like said earlier. He is in doggie heaven playing.
Doggie angels. Wouldn't that confuse the bird dogs.

tracy551

So sorry for your loss. we have 4 dogs and it's hard to imagine any of them being gone. Some people may say it's only a dog, but we know they are like our chilren too. We raise them from pups to adulthood and THEY ARE family.