OFFICIAL 07 Card Seasons Greetings Exchange Open

Star*

call 911........call 911
Time to start getting ready folks!

Here's the deal: This is how we do it

I get the list together, print copies of the list, send out my cards to those on the list WITH an enclosed copy of the list. Then I destroy the list and erase it from my computer.

You: Get my card in the mail inside will be the list, send cards to those on the list.

1.) PM me your name address and board name.
2.) If you don't want to use your real name, I will do the list with your board name and your cards will come to you like so:

(Board Name)
c/o 1234 Anywhere St.
Maple Syrup, VT. 98765

3.) Keep in mind those who are participating and are not from the US will require extra postage. You can figure this easily by going to http://www.usps.com

4.) As always if you know someone who would benefit from getting cards but can't send them out because they are taming lions or vacationing off the coast of Uraguay - let me know. I'll include them as well so they can have a Merry! This exchange has never been about "getting" (although that is nice) it's always been about GIVING. Start saving your pennies now for postage.

5.) Anyone that is NOT celebrating Christmas, worships in a different faith - let me know that too. This is a card exchange, for a season greeting. This year I will send Hanukkah cards, Kwanza cards - you just have to let me know and I'll respect your faith, get an education and expand the world at the same time.

THE SPIRIT OF THIS ENTIRE EXCHANGE is - Giving. You can make cards, buy cards, write a greeting on a napkin, send pictures of the kids, yourself, Or...as SOME person did last year make paper snow flakes so when you opened the card....they went everywhere. Dont' know WHO that was.

Looking forward to the our largest exchange EVER!

The list will be finalized the third Saturday in November (17th) so that I can get my cards out by the end of Thanksgiving weekend to all of you!

Hugs & SEASONS greetings
Star

DammitJanet

May I ask one thing...maybe we could all add one card addressed to "Any soldier" and I will get the address to send it to? You know our military would love to get a card from home even if they dont know us. Support is beginning to lag.

TerryJ2

That's a good idea!
How do we sign a gift to a soldier? with-our names? Sorry, the kids have done it but I haven't.
Star, do we PM you with-name and address?

DammitJanet

Well I just checked out http://www.anysoldier.com and it appears you cant send cards or packages that way anymore...however, if anyone wants to send the cards or anything to me, I am going to Jamies and I can take them Quantico or Fort Bragg and get them into the appropriate hands. I live by the army base and Jamie lives by the Marine base.

Janet, I love that idea.

One time, our church did this thing where a bunch of us got together in the basement, with a ton of kid's craft supplies (colored paper, glitter, glue, stickers, markers, you name it) and we all wrote letters to the troops. This had to be 4 years ago. Anyways, the program this was through was not very thorough. The letters all went to Iraq, but the ALL went to the same soldier. He started pen-palling me, my mom, and my daughter. And all the other gals who sent him letters.

He thought he was all that.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'd love to do it but I'm thinking of how many members the board has........

Do you recall how many people did it last year to give me an idea of how many people we're talking about?

(I'm thinking postage here)

Janet I love the card to a soldier idea. Our family sent them via email last year. But I think a real card would be really nice. :smile:

Marguerite

On the subject of "any soldier" I think it's important to keep in mind, this is independent of how you feel about military involvement - these people are where they have been sent, to do a job. They didn't make the policy. And for a lot of them, they will be away from home for Christmas, or whatever their religious belief celebrates.

Janet, you said support is beginning to flag - any support for a country's involvement here or there, should be independent of people's support for individual soldiers. That should never flag.

Supporting a soldier is something we all can do, regardless of our political views.

We have email options here in Australia - various websites to send messages of support. Is that an option for you guys?

Marg

DammitJanet

I didnt do it last year but the year before I think it was around 30 or so members. Im rounding to the nearest ten...lol.

Oh....forgot to answer Marg's question. Yes we have the email options and you can go to that anysoldier website and adopt a soldier and send them either an individual letter or care package. You have to register on that site to do so.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Memory serves me poorly - but,

The most we've ever had on the list was 30. There were 28 members and 2 that you wouldn't be getting cards from BUT needed to GET cards.

Terry- yes just PM me your info that you would like me to put on this list.

Some people can't/do not want their real names associated with their board names and I'm making provisions for that to happen. And in the past....I've sent and gotten cards from England, New Zeland, Canada and the postage wasn't outrageous. Maybe $1.40 or so for the NZ card. This is why we do it early - also; so that any one not in the US can participate and still get their list and cards in time.

I think this will be the 4th or 5th year I've done this and never had a problem.