Oh Auntie Star

everywoman

Can you go to Jackson, find the drill sergeant who made my baby upset, and please kick him between the legs!!!

Got two letters today.

One was really up. She was excited about Victory Tower and talked about how the females are all horrible and argue, but she is staying out of it.

The 2nd was tear stained.:sad-very: She said a drill sergeant had cornered her about her running and told her she was the most unfit pvt he had ever seen and she would be heldover, she didn't have the heart to be a soldier and wouldn't graduate on time!!! She said I want to come home mom. Then she said that she was going to prove him wrong. She said she is great at everything but the running and she vowed to work on that and prove that she was strong.

One week down, 8 to go.

Lothlorien

Well that's exactly what he wanted her to do....prove him wrong. That's what they do...break them down and build them back up...army style. She's a good kid. She'll do it and make you proud.

klmno

Same thing happened to me in boot camp, for same reason, - and darn-it, I proved them wrong. :D

And, she will, too. If she doesn't, it probably only means a few days more there and a year from now, no body even remembers.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending hugs for your baby and you, and a big ole knee in the nuts for the drill sargeants. I know they ahve reasons for what they do and say, but dang it, she is OURS. Hmmmm. Maybe a knee is not enuff. Maybe a hammer?

She will make HERSELF proud. and then you (and the Board Aunties too) proud because she has pride in herself.

Glad the letter sounded like HER - because you don't want her to forget who she is!

DammitJanet

LOL...ahh the letters. DI's get their jollies from screaming and belittling recruits. Thats their fun. Just be glad she isnt in the Marines because they actually still lay on hands even though they "swear" they dont. Hmmm. I saw it with my own two eyes.

Tis ok though. What they go through in boot is nothing compared to what could happen if they got captured in war. Thats why they train them to be tough.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm remembering "Seeeegar" AKA "Sugar Britches" in An Officer and a Gentleman. She showed her drill sergeant...and your daughter will, too.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay -

I am back from Ft. Jackson -

I had a talk with that Mstr. Sgt.

And we had a come to Jesus meeting about EVER EVER EVER speaking to MY niece like that again.......

and he told me

THAT SHE - has the potential of a GREAT leader and he recognized that, and he is not 'picking on her' but actually ARMY encouraging her because she WILL take what he said and give him a turn around of I'LL SHOW YOU.

I told him he had BETTER make her ALL SHE CAN BE because NOW? HIS cajhones were riding on it. I ctually DO know a few of them - and Dude's caseworker is one of them for the reserves.

everywoman

Thanks Auntie Star!!!I knew you could handle him. I'm sure he understands now that building her up is his job, not making her feel bad because her short little chunky legs and little tiny feet just can't move that fast!!!! I know she'll be fine. She was by the end of that tear stained letter!!! That's the first time she's cried except when she heard my voice when she called last Sunday.

I'll keep you all updated. Hoping for a call tomorrow!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
My son's caseworker is a sgt. -

He said the ones that he feels CAN make it but may have had different ideas about what it's like in the Army (Private Benjamin) or he feels CAN make it but need a push - or can be GREAT but need to be ridden? He will - the ones that he doesn't feel will make it? No attention hardly at all.

It makes me sad but they are training her for survival in a combative roll with worldy persons who have nothing to live for. I'd rather them be a little harder on her now - than her not to know what to do later. EVEN WHEN SHE IS FIGHTING THE WAR FROM BEHIND A DESK - BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY PLACE I AM GOING TO ALLOW HER TO BE!!!!!!!