Oh Dear Heaven, It's Already Week Eleven!!

LittleDudesMom

:highvoltage: Wow! I can't believe that eleven weeks have gone by! Times really does march more quickly as the years pile on!!!!

I can't give you an update on my week eleven process since I'm out of town and didn't get to WW last night. I can tell you that easy child, her friend, and I have been sticking to our WW plan even though on spring break vacation. It's been tough smelling the McDonald's fries difficult child is enjoying!!!! I can also tell you that I have walked miles since Monday night!! One mall Monday night and the biggest mall in va yesterday. But success! Both girls found their prom dresses, shoes and jewelry :cutie_pie:!

I would love to hear how your week has gone. I'm thinking I might need a little extra support here soon. I'm seriously thinking about tackling the smoking. I'm getting a little fed up with this addiction and had a bad cold recently and the cough was so much worse since I smoke :cigarsmoker:.

So, how's your week eleven?

Sharon :kisses:

scent of cedar

Week eleven?

Sounds so much longer than week ten!

I am doing alright on the smoking thing, everyone. :) It's been off and on, but mostly off, since mid-January. I am using a nicotine patch, and have the gum here too in case I feel like I miss that extra little boost a cigarette gave me. The doctor did prescribe Chantix, along with an anti-depressant and xanax to treat the symptoms ~ but I haven't needed to fill or use them.

At least this way, I know what I am addicted to, and am not adding anything else to the mix!

It's the strangest thing, too ~ husband is still smoking?

And it DOES smell horrible.

And it DOES give us bad breath ~ when I have smoked during this time, I notice the difference right away when I am flossing my teeth.

Which might be more than anyone wanted to know ~ but smelling (and tasting) so much better is one of the best things about not smoking cigarettes for me.

The thing that I noticed, once I made it through those first few weeks, is that I stopped remembering to compliment myself, or to excuse irritability.

I think that might be where self-sabotage begins, with cigarettes. It is really important to mark and compliment ourselves for all the good things that are happening for us when we stop using them.

Otherwise, we remember smoking as a better time than it was.

Congratulations on all you have accomplished, LDM!

And thank you for continuing this weekly check in.

It's fun to learn how the others of us are doing ~ and I think it has helped us to know others are out there, struggling to accomplish the goals they have set for themselves ~ and making it ~ too!

This HAS to be the hundredth time I have tried to stop using cigarettes.

Only this time?

I am doing it.

Barbara

:redface:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Sounds like you are doing great! Good for you for sticking to your plan on vacation!!:yourock: Glad easy child and her friend found their prom dresses and accessories!:shopping: Good for you for thinking of tackling the smoking!

Barbara-I'm glad you are doing so well with the not smoking!! :D I think you make a good point in general not just smoking. When we stop complimenting ourselves or don't give ourselves a break it is easy to go backwards-even with weight.

As for me this has not been a stellar week-I've not slept well, not eaten well. The good thing is overall I'm doing well with the exercise! Somehow I keep managing to plug away on that. I'm giving myself a break with all the stress of difficult child lately but it's time to get serious about the healthy eating again-yikes I think I said the same thing last week!

Fran

Former desparate mom
LDM, good for you. It sounds like you are really making good changes. Congratulations.
I already responded this week to Star's thread about "where are you?" so I'll spare you.
After Easter, husband and I are back on the routine.
Thanks for checking in.

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

Glad to see that we're all still plugging away, doing well and overcoming struggles.
I've been having a rough week...some good, some not so good, some downright yucky.

My fitness program:
My dance teacher wants me to be in the Showcase performance that they put on a few times a year. He said the next one's in...gasp...APRIL!
:scared::surprise: (But that's only a few weeks from now. EEEEK!)

He showed me some pictures from the last Showcase, and all of the women were wearing those outfits. You know, like the ones on DWTS, with all the spangles, cut down to there and up to here!

I feel proud that he wants me to participate in the show, but horrified at the thought of performing in public. Gosh!

Emotional health:
Very very shaky. My therapist gave me an exercise to look deeply at my emotions, and express them. I'm realizing that I've been bottling up so many things for so many years, just to get through the day. Trying to let myself actually feel my feelings is incredibly hard. Even thinking about things now I'm getting teary eyed and have a giant lump in my throat.

husband is going to difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for a weekend visit, and Little easy child is staying with relatives, so I will have the house to myself. Probably a good time to schedule an emotional breakdown. husband worries when I cry and the kids get scared, so I just don't. I get the feeling that I need to though, and that I've needed to for a very long time.

So...my body is doing fine, but I'm still struggling with the mind and spirit.

:sad:

Trinity

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
Well it's week 2 1/2 for me. I've lost a grand total of 8 lbs or my scale is broken. I'm doing well on the eating and on the walking.

The mental health is in the toilet. It's so hard to deal with all the bills that not-so-husband created but I am getting held responsible for. My lease is up soon and I can't find an apartment. There is no hope for money for a divorce. The phone and cable are turned off...It just keeps piling up. Even the tax return was taken because of his debt. I could go on and on. The weight of debt and poverty are becoming overwhelming. The sad part is I have a Master's degree and have a salaried job! And I still have to go to the food bank. It's defeating....

And on top of it difficult child is starting to talk to me the way "d"H used to. I am so angry at myself for making all the choices that lead me to be married to this man and left me with all of this h*ll. :faint:

This hasn't been a good week for me. My ankle is still very swollen and it's been a full week without any exercise. Exercise has always been my coping mechanism and I just feel so lost without it!!!

Unfortunately, I can't stay off of my ankle as much as I should because I still have to run the household. difficult children are being total PITAs!!! easy child does what she can, but I can't and don't expect her to do everything that needs to be done. husband is exhausted when he comes home from work and has had a very short fuse lately. However, I spoke to him this morning and he will take over grocery shopping, errands, etc... I'm going to make him a list of things that need to be done in the house too.

I guess I'm partly responsible because husband has been in such a horrible mood that I didn't want to ask him to take on more responsibilities around the house. However, I finally realized that the longer I don't ask for help, the longer it will take before my ankle heals.

I'm feeling very sad, stressed, frustrated and angry... I need to learn how to cope with the constant chaos I'm surrounded by without being able to exercise. So far, nothing I've tried has been working.

I've stuck to my healthy eating plan. The good news is that I haven't gained any weight. The bad news is that I have no idea how much less I need to eat in order to maintain my current weight without exercising. Enough about me...

Barbara, You're doing great!!! Keep thinking about all the nasty things cigarettes do to our bodies. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! YOU WILL KICK THIS NASTY HABIT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! BE gentle with yourself...

Sharon, Don't be too hard on yourself!!! You've been through alot with your difficult child. I'm glad you're doing well with exercising!!! Being an emotional eater too, I know hard it can be too eat healthy sometimes. However, take things one day at a time. YOU CAN DO IT!!! in my humble opinion, exercising will help you get back on track faster.

Fran, I'm going to read Star's thread as soon as I have a chance. I hope you're doing well.

Trinity, I'm so proud of you!!! I think you should be part of the showcase performance!!! GO FOR IT!!! I think, believe it or not, it will help you a bit emotionally too. I totally understand what you mean by bottling things up inside and not allowing yourself to feel your feelings...Sending cyber hugs...

Loving Abbey 2,

Way To Go on on losing 8lbs and walking!!! Keep up the excellent work!!! I think exercise and healthy eating will help a bit emotionally. I'm so sorry things are so difficult for you emotionally. Sending cyber hugs to you too...

Well, got to go pick up difficult children. WFEN

scent of cedar

Trinity! :)

How exciting!

How are you feeling now, as the time comes closer?

We will want to hear all about your dress and shoes and what it felt like to take the stage.

Think of the personal growth you will experience from having met this challenge, too!

I am proud for you, Trinity.

Barbara