Oh egads...Therapist coming!

DammitJanet

My therapist is making a home visit! Today! Ugh.

Now granted I have been trying to get the house clean...well cleaner. But it is in no way clean enough for anything other than family! My bedroom is clean...well what I call clean. Floor clean, bathroom clean. Bed isnt made because I never make a bed and really dont have all those good things like bedding that match. I dont have a chair in there or I would say do this in there. Oh...maybe I could take a chair in there!

My family room is semi- clean. I still have some big toys from when Hailie and Keyana were here that never got put away. Big stuff I cant lift. But family room opens up onto kitchen which really needs a good cleaning which Billy is working on now. I really need to do the floor in both of those rooms again. Sigh. I dont feel up to sweeping. Too tired and achy from doing all the work for the trip. Sigh.

Ugh. Bad timing. LOL.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Therapist - mental or physical?

Honestly, sweetie, they may say something regarding how your living state reflects in your emotional/mental well being, but it's really none of their business how often you clean your home. And if they have any brains at all they will keep their mouths shut.

You've been working on things lately, and it sounds like you have some help. If they mention it, just tell them your friend Step doesn't see a problem with it. Let them do with that what they will.

ONE MORE DAY!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Remember Janet.......therapist is also your friend. I know it matters to you (I'm the same way) but it probably won't make her bat an eyelash. No one knows your circumstances like she does. :)

Cool of her to do a home visit though. Good for Billy for helping clean the kitchen up.

Hugs

DammitJanet

I know she is also my friend and I know she wont say a thing. She has been trying to get me to let her come over and she knew it would take her just saying...Im coming! to let her do this. LOL. Why I have this sense of anxiety is beyond me. Oh I know why and she knows why and it is something we are working on which is why she is doing it...lmao.

It is my perfectionism problem that I dont want to want to allow anyone to see me as anything other than perfect...sigh. Which is why I tend to stay in my shell and hide from things because if people see the real me, they will be disappointed because I am not perfect!

Josie

She sounds like a good therapist/friend.

My daughter is doing a similar kind of therapy. She has to do what makes her anxious and the therapist tries to make her even more anxious! It is working for her.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tell her if she REALLY wants to help you to pick up a mop or the vacuum and get busy. :tongue:

NOW THAT would help.

GOOD GRIEF I AM a GENIUS - :smug:

DammitJanet

Now how ironic is this...I went to pick up my swiffer wet jet and the darned bottle of cleanser is dry as a bone! The kids must have squirted it when they were here or the bottle leaks when the mop is left in an upright position. I have no clue. I have only washed the kitchen floor twice and the bathroom floor once. The bottle certainly shouldnt be empty already should it?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Some Swiffers leak - I had the same thing happen last month....I only use it for inbetweens and had used it 3 times - and went to use it and it was empty - but I noticed the corner was VERY clean....and that stuff is NOT cheap.

klmno

I'm the same way, Janet. I always cringe at the thought of someone coming over unless my house is spotless. On the good side, a therapist who stops by your house when he/she doesn't have to says a lot and you're pretty lucky to have one that cares that much.

As long as you have running water, electricity, and no rat runs across the room, you are probably just fine!

PS I'm going to have to get a swiffer- I hear they work wonders and are very easy to use. Are the pads or whatever and cleaning solution expension to replace? Does it really eliminate the need for mopping?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It is my perfectionism problem that I dont want to want to allow anyone to see me as anything other than perfect...sigh. Which is why I tend to stay in my shell and hide from things because if people see the real me, they will be disappointed because I am not perfect!

Gotcha. Me too here. I've vastly improved over the years. But it will still hit me when I least expect it.

Concentrate on the fact you two ladies will chat and have a grand time. :) And next time she comes for a visit you will be more relaxed about it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Swiffer stuff isn't EXPENSIVE, but it's not cheap either. We've been out of pads for over a year because I am cheap.

by the way, Janet, you're not perfect? Good. We won't have to nail you to a tree. We did that to the only perfect person. Sigh.

susiestar

Roll With It
Janet, I pm'd you, but I am going to put the info here as well.

First, the directions for the swiffer wet jet used to say to take the bottle out and store it upright either in the holder or else with other cleaners and the pads. Every bottle of cleaner I have tried has leaked.

Second, if you have a pair of slip joint pliers you can use them to unscrew the cap on the bottle and then you can put whatever cleaner you want in it. I use an Armstrong floor cleaner that I get at Lowes. It takes 2 tablespoons per swiffer bottle of water. I refilled one bottle more than 20 times (I made a mark on the bottle each time I refilled it) and as long as I didn't store it upside down it worked just fine.

Then I found a dust mop type thingy with a flat head covered with a microfiber cloth. Now I have my cleaner in a spray bottle and I spray the floor, let it sit a minute to work on the grime, and then use the microfiber mop to clean. As long as I don't go too heavy on the cleaner that I spray it works just fine. When done I toss the cloth into a load of towels and it gets nice and clean.

Just make sure you don't use a cleaner with ammonia if you need to use bleach on the laundry! NO poisoning from mixing cleaners, ya got it??

The potential savings in a year just from refilling the swiffer cleaner bottle was over $100.