OH Janet, et. al. Response from VICTORY JUNCTION so far

buddy

Thought those of you who were cheering me on might like to read this, so I will start the paper work. I dont get the flu shot, since I got really sick the last time I got it, but I will for him if they want it, sigh. (here is hoping they dont need it before they even say if you can come... though it is relatively cheap (compared to some medicine) .... for me it is out of reach right now.

so...keep the good thoughts flowing, this kid deserves a break for sure.

Hi Dee,

Thank you so much for emailing and for providing so much information. I would encourage you to apply for a family weekend camp at Victory Junction first. These are Friday to Sunday camps that the entire family can attend. They are a great way to experience Victory Junction for the first time and will allow our staff to get to know your son which will then help them determine if summer camp would be an option for him. It would also allow your family to see what we’re all about before applying for him to come by himself in the summer. To apply for a spring family weekend, please visit our website and complete the online application. There will be two “general” sessions in March that you can choose from. We will need the medical form attached completed by your son’s doctor, immunization records from every attendee under age 18, and flu shot documentation from everyone (adults and children). All of this information needs to be submitted before our medical team can consider your family. So, do you think a family weekend would work for you all? Please let me know if you have any other questions at this time.

Chaosuncontained

Ya know, the first year I took the flu shot...I got the flu. The next two years I didn't. Every year the shot is a little different (or so I've been told)--they have to sorta "guess" which strain is going to be going around.

Here's hoping you don't HAVE to--but if you do it causes no problems!

And the camp sounds awesome.

T

TeDo

YIPPPPPPEEEEE! Go for it. I know, the things we do for our kids. BUT you are right that you both deserve this.

:fan::cheerleader::fan::cheerleader:

DammitJanet

Oh yes...oh yes...oh yes. Doing the happy dance. The first time you got sick could have just been a fluke and you were gonna get sick then anyway. Unless you are allergic to eggs? Are you allergic to eggs by any chance? If you are allergic to eggs you cant get a flu shot. Heck, just get the shot and then be done with it and send it in. Do you need the money for the shot? I will send it to you! Family weekend camp...oh boy! Yes....doing cartwheels here. Oh ouch...cant do a cartwheel anymore. Just pulled a muscle!

buddy

you guys are too funny. I did a map quest, heck janet you are far away... so THAT is the big deal. I can probably get mileage if I can get someone else to drive, parents cant get mileage to anything thru the waiver. That's why my mom drives to horsebackriding. I was just talking to my sister and she said go ahead and see then we can figure out transportation/lodging on the way there. We have relatives in Toledo so I checked how much further to adjust the trip and it was not much at all to skirt around that way instead of down and east, go east and down... could be worth saying hi to some family to make it a little more worth it to drive that far from MN... I wish I had a hubby who was a pilot so I could just get on a plane with him and go. It says if you can't get there due to transportation then to let them know so maybe there is assistance, but I will wait and see even if they let us go. Have to bring papers to the doctor.

I asked Q if he knew what victory Junction was, he said, sarcastically....like anyone would know... yeah, of course, they talk about it on NASCAR. OK then.

He just asked me if I want a toenail sandwitch? he thought it was hysterical. That's my boy.

buddy

OH by the way Janet, I am not allergic to eggs, so maybe it would be ok. I think the county has some sites where it is free. I will check.

klmno

Oh, I hope you can make this work. I like the idea of having a familey weekend there before sending him by himself anyway. Keeping fingers crossed!

H

HaoZi

A lot of drug stores and Wal-Marts offer flu shots at a low price if your county health dept doesn't. If Q is on Medicaid they cover his (Kiddo gets the nasal mist instead of the shot every year). I usually try to get it every year because a lot of the customers where I work are seniors, so it's more to protect them.

buddy

oh yeah, he has everything covered...he has straight MA, no hoops or anything.... no co pays thank heaven.

Just me. I will figure it out. she said I could wait till they pick who is going to do it.

H

HaoZi

If you've had a problem with the shot, ask if they have FluMist, you might have less of a reaction with that.

klmno

Any chance you can get a 'regular dr' to say you can't take the shot and document that? It be be due to adverse effects or whatever.

DammitJanet

As far as transportation, it may be cheaper for you guys to fly. This camp is not very far at all from Raleigh Durham Airport and you are close to the one in your area. I am pretty sure Southwest flies to your airport. I know its a hub from mine. If needed I can go pick you guys up from the airport and get you to the camp and back again to the airport when its over with. If you book with Southwest early enough you can get flights pretty cheap. I just saw one from here to Las Vegas for 59 bucks.

buddy

well they didn't take us yet hound...lol.... just said it would be good for him to fill out the forms. I didn't know because of hte "socially competent in groups" part. so, as you saw from the note, I am filling stuff out and getting doctor stuff filled out too.

DammitJanet

I told Tony about this last night. I told you that Keyana has done so many pageants to raise money for this camp and Tony said, well, after as much money as we have spent getting Keyana into those pageants, this little boy better get to go! LOL.