OH Janet, et. al. Response from VICTORY JUNCTION so far

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know I can always bump up the nekked chicken dance to the nekked turkey dance...............

Wanting the forms filled out for him is a very good sign. Body parts are crossed (it only makes the dance more interesting to watch) and prayers being said.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope this happens, sounds like it would be good for both of you!

As for the flu shot, I got some updated info on it from the hospital when J was there. You may have had a reaction because dependng on how long ago it was, they might have been using a weakened live virus then. That is NOT done now. The shot that is used now is always a dead virus. You can't get the flu from the dead virus, but you can from the live weakened one. They had too many people getting too sick, so now the CDC says it is all dead virus. This is just like when they changed to the oral polio vaccine for a few years. It had to be a weakened live virus to survive digestion, but so many older people got sick from changing diapers, etc.... that it was starting the possibility of a serious polio outbreak. So now they are back to using shots and dead virus for polio and most things. I learned all about this because they changed to doing to oral, live virus for polio the year or so before Wiz was born. Given my health issues and my mother having lupus, neither she nor I could be around Wiz for six weeks after each dose of the polio vaccine if we did that oral version. We had to do a ton of paperwork and then he was one of six people in our entire state getting the shot - but it was free because the health issues.

Usually the county health dept will do shots for free, even flu shot for adults. esp as you are the caregiver for someone with health problems and a compromised system. At least here seizure disorders quality, as does having asthma. heck, husband and I can get free shots at the health dept because thank you has asthma. We just have to show his current inhaler and proof we are his parents (his birth certificate works fine).

I hope the camp comes through!