Oh, man, it's hot in here...

KTMom91

And not because Raoul is visiting! It's nearly 10 pm and 80 degrees outside. The house hasn't cooled off at all...it's 90 inside. The three little kittens are too hot to wrestle, the rat is stretched out and has been scaring me all day - I keep checking if she's still breathing. The other cats and Buddy don't want to do anything but flop.

How did the pioneers stand this? Especially with no running water, no refrigeration, and wearing several layers of wool and petticoats?

What really worries me is that it's only April.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry you are roasting-no fun-I remember a few years ago when it was in the high 90s and our ac stopped working-I was ready to go to a hotel! I hope your warm weather leaves you and comes our way-at least some of it-not 90s right now! Maybe you'll cool off a bit if you imagine that you can see the snow falling outside my house right now (of course, I've about had it with the snow)!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We're supposed to be 80 degrees by the weekend. Not too bad for us because this old house is soooo insulated it doesn't even start to get hot in her until about 3 in the afternoon. By around 8pm I've got fans in all the windows and it's starting to cool off. Unless it's really humid here, ac isn't necessary. Thankfully as we really can't afford it.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
The only plus for cold....... you can always add another layer...... when you are hot it's difficult to shed any more when you are down to skin........

Hoping some of your heat passes this way.......... in the mean time sponge yourself off..........

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We've had 100 degree temps for the past few days down south here. It's supposed to start cooling today... about 10 degrees a day so that by Friday we're back to the low 70's. I am NOT ready for this kind of heat.

It's brought out every conceivable bug, too. We must have a couple thousand hoverflies taking refuge in our front porch shade. I didn't know what they were, so decided to look them up online. Apparently, not only do the adults pollinate flowers, but the larva eat aphids (yay!) and other plant svcking bugs, so my feelings towards them have changed! :p

Also, our cottonwood has a gazillion ladybugs on it because apparently it is also infested with aphids. Nice to know my yard is such a smorgasboard for insects of one type or another! :p