Oh my GOODNESS! LOL, doing cartwheels of joy....WOW!

klmno

Well, what a little stinker he/she is!! Scaring his great-board aunties like that, not to mention Momma and Grandmom- Phew!! This is going to be a baby that keeps everyone one their toes- I can see that already!!

I'm so happy for you and easy child, dreamer!! And it's good to hear that boyfriend was there and is trying to be so supportive.

Seriously- I wonder if it is more than just coincidence that while baby was turned that way, easy child wasn't as sick??

dreamer

I am still pinching myself....I never ever had such a thing happen. doctor used 2 different dopplers, tried for quite a long time.......
and last time she (ob gyne doctor) was surprised she could hear heartbeat so early.....and it was so loud and strong and SO easy to find last time......
the people at ultrasound, the desk lady was very social at first ultrasound and she was crying when we got there this morning..she remembered us, remembered the name etc......and the person n who DID the ultrasound came and said to desk lady and us, now just wait...lets see......and immediately zeroed in on the heartbeat first and then grinned so big.....and then SHE got all happy and teary......we actually wound up all of us there doing a few hugs, danceing around a little......after they measured everything on the baby.

It sure turned into such a happy day after such a sad sad nite.
Today later, boyfriend ran all kinds of errands for easy child and then he went to grocery store at her request, and then he even COOKED dinner......it was cute-funny to watch, he is NOT adept.....but he is willing to try and willing to learn.....she requested of all weird things- TACOS in a bag? Yeesh and she even ate a couple tablespoons of it!!!!! (you make the taco inside a bag of fritos, one small bag of fritos per person) Now easy child has invited lil bro and her older sis and boyfriend to come quietly watch some TV show at her bedside, well, actually SHE stays on floor, she has been more comfy on floor......she sure is starting to be lonesome, even tho she also gets overstimulated way too easy and too fast.

So it has been a very nice, low key and happy day after all.......and at the moment we feel so blessed. Goofy lil grandbaby of ours.......

klmno

Today later, boyfriend ran all kinds of errands for easy child and then he went to grocery store at her request, and then he even COOKED dinner......it was cute-funny to watch, he is NOT adept.....but he is willing to try and willing to learn.....she requested of all weird things- TACOS in a bag?

He's got potential, LOL!! As a partner and a Dad!!

nvts

Dreamer! I have a question (or a quick observation). Didn't you say that easy child's sickness seemed to have subsided when you all were convinced that she had miscarried?

I'm wondering if one or both of these "observations" may be taking place here.

1. Could the tilted uterus have tipped just ever so slightly enough to relieve some kind of pressure on her insides that may have been making it so difficult for her to keep food down? I'm wondering if they can tell by the sonograms which direction the tip went to, maybe laying down in a certain position before she eats and immediately after may help her keep her food down long enough to give her SOME nutritional value.

2. Could she be stressing herself out is some way so much that it's making her sick? Maybe the idea of miscarrying, delivery, what she's going to do after the baby's born, etc. is just too much for her right now and it's literally making her sick.

I hope I'm not overstepping here, but being in a somewhat similar situation and adding in the fact that she's considerably younger than I am, plus the family history of miscarriage, I thought it could be somehow stress related.

Hope I don't offend!

Beth

Lori4ever

I am so thrilled for all of you!! Some of them are just stubborn! LOL!!! I hope this pregnancy gets easier for her, though. You'll so love being Grandma!!!

dreamer

Beth- no, do not feel like you did anything etc..I am a very open person.... :) And I thank you for takeing any interest even if it is cuz you are in similar situation or condition etc.....
:)

Um, did I say she felt better? Nah.she has breeif moments here and there...where she can sit up at kitchen table with us, so long as we do not turn on any TV in there or play music or walk around much.....she really really is hypersensitive to any stimulation at all, and spends enormous amounts of time laying on floor of her brothers room. In the dark, shades drawn, TV off.....maybe a kitty or our doggy beside her. I have even stopped cooking much for now and everyone is sorta surviving on quick easy things that produce as few odors as possible (cold cereal, boxed mac and cheese, fresh fruit, raw vegs......chicken cooked outside and eaten outside......) unless SHE requests something. SHe has been requesting some very wild things for someone so ill..... and it is amazing, sometimes when she does request something, it stays a bit, but she can only eat tiny amounts, a few bites....I think she takes in maybe 2 tablespoons of s olids every other day....I did get her Ensure, but- she gags..and she has pedialyte and gatorade.
She is NOT quite as um.....non alert as often as she was earlier in July.....and she is not loseing weight at the moment....her modd swings are huge.....she is hypersensitive.....but mostly she just lays on the floor in the dark and quiet or lays in a tepid bath---unless she has an appointment or is supposed to be AT work.
This week she has begun to faint....once sat at work, after just a few mins and today when she tried to go potty and was headed back to bedroom. She chose the floor as her nest becuz she said the bed made her feel like she would fall off, and she is in brothers room cuz her room is down in our basement, and she cannot do stairs.

It is so hard to KNOW what might be going on in her head........someone had wondered if she wound up preg as a way to NOT go away to college? I asked her, she said no.....her because failed.....she swears she used double protection (she was on pill)
At first with the news of preg, she was still considering going away.....she has full scholarships-and uni is only 90 mins away....and it is rural, a very easy gentle drive and she has our 3rd car......but then when she began to get SO ill.......she transferred to comm college....
She still wants to go here.....
She has stayed in college dorms a week or so every sumer for several years becuz she has been an active participant in OPeration Snowball- ITI, and MLI and they meet in summers at various universities. She has been very independant for several years, and very busy.....involved in a few intense community service organizations, working her job over 2 years......and she has awesome incredible grades......and she really wanted to go to uni......well, she said she did for the last 2 years......I had originally wanted her to do first 2 years at comm college, but, she was quite excited to go.
SHe has always been my most private child.....and my most independant, maybe becuz the older sister is difficult child and quite dependant, and son is younger and had his eye problem, and dad is ..not well......so easy child has always been spmewhat of an overacheiver and a strong dominant force.
Yes the father of baby is here, involved, well TRYING to be.....he is haveing a hard time, becuz he feels guilty for how ill she is - as if it is his fault alone....(we do not feel that way, and we try to tell him) and of course it IS hard to be around someone who is as ill as she is.....becuz even conversation is often too much for her....which leaves him sitting beside her being still and quiet in the dark....easy child and boyfriend are both 18. He had not planned to go to college, BUT easy child is the guiding force for boyfriend....and I do not think any of us realized just HOW much so that is. Until now. He is NOT an overacheiver, and I think he heavily depended on PCs guidance.....and now she is unable to guide him.....He works steady but not quite full time.....his parents split about the same time he and easy child got together, over 2 years ago, - he ws youngest of 3 boys......and I am afraid maybe both his parents are so busy with their own life, he kinda got left hanging.......he has spent the majority of his waking hours here all along.
I have not bothered to talk to either of his parents.....have no desire to.
When easy child and boyfriend told me about the baby.....I first asked them not to jump into marriage....not just becuz a baby was coming. I had already planned to "take care of" easy child while she did college......and that has not changed....the baby does not change that, and neither does her going to college or not. My older child is here at home......it is not a problem, so easy child should not really feel pressure for whatever she had in mind to do.......I am "easy" maybe becuz MY mom sent me on my way when I was 12 yrs old.....
and my thought is that even older women in careers have bc fail......and women of any age might want or need help from their own moms........
So, I am not sure if easy child has any serious issues beyond just that this WAS a surprise...not planned at this time......and then getting slammed with such profound sickness......
I myself did lose 80 pounds with difficult child, and 60-70 with easy child......altho I did NOT have nausea or vomiting at all. BUT I was not hungry. In hindsight docs attributed my problems with preg to my Lupus and rheumatic illness, and my kids have the added problem of dads agent orange exposure....and my husband mom had gruesome problems with preg, altho I am not exactly clear just exactly what her problems were. (she is long gone, and husband is an only child as were both his now deceased parents)
She IS looking forward to her college classes starting.....and she herself is who pushed to get things all settled for school....
She has said the baby, she does not want to move to her BFs moms or dads, her boyfriend wants her to......she is adamant. She does not want the baby at their houses.....she does not think BFs parents will be watchhhful enough......I have reassured her I am here and am willing to help in any way....

So- it is possible she is scared, nervous, etc......but she is also excited.....
She is not entirely unfamiliar with babies....nearly all her friends are already mothers, as are nearly all difficult children friends, and our family is large, too......and she had wanted children.......

easy child has been frail the last year or so, tho, in general. My most sickly child recently.my kids all were always super healthy, no ear infections, no colds, no allergies, no flus, nothing ever ever. My kids had only taken antibiotics maybe twice each, if that in their whole lives.....BUT in the last year or 18 months or so, easy child has had mono, strep, pneumonia.....
Im just not sure just what is going on with her.
We did not know she had a tipped uterus until the ultrasound this week.it did not show up on ultrasound 2 weeks ago....and I have been confused for over a year becuz the doctor never did a pelvic at all on either of my daughters when they went on the pill.and still neither of my daughters has had a pelvic or pap......even tho they go every 6 months to gyne doctor. I even ASKED doctor at last visit before the preg.....she said they no longer are in such a hurry to do them? Now she says easy child is so ill and miserable, she is waiting till easy child is not quite so miserable?? So- we did not see doctor after this ultrasound.....we go back in 2 weeks....
I do know easy child has very high hormone levels....doctor commented on it, and preg test came back EXTRA fast and VERY clear positive before easy child even missed a cycle. first ultrasound confirmed that easy child was correct on her dates......she was NOT further along than anyone at first thought......it was just her body did put out very high hormone levels very quickly. (and my last preg, with my son, I put out NONE and had to get them via daily injections thru the preg)

I actually was not sure how easy child would take the sad news we had before the ultrasound found the baby again.....wondered if she might have felt some relief? But no.....she was devsastated....and noone was happier than her when ultrasound lady "found" that baby. Same with her boyfriend.

I do understand, tho, that she has had to have such a huge range of emotions all along.....and things have been turned upside down and sdieways back and forth, up and down, so many changes to plans etc in such a short time....so much turmoil etc.

BUT........she has got to know-------I am here.....her sis and bro are devoted.....and her experience all thru her life has proved time and again......I am always here for my kids......and my husband.......maybe "too much" but they are NEVER alone. I will hold her hand, advocate, help her......for however long......and when SHE wants to try to go stand on her own......I will help then, too.....and she KNOWS it and has watched me do this very thing......all her life.

She knows right now I just only want for her to TRY to eat......and..if she CAN add in her classes- great, I want her to go to college.... becuz she has always said she wants to......

I dunno.......yeah, I wonder WHY she is SO ill.......I have heard younger mothers do have higher incidence of this nasty hyperemesis thing......and yes, easy child did have "a plan" and it surely did get sidetracked here, now......and she always has loveed to be "in charge" and "in control" and suddenly she is not......so, yes that could have slammed her hard......
So..just as I did with her difficult child sister.....I will hold her hand and guide her and help her learn resilience.....just like I held her brothers hand when he lost his vision.....we WILL get her back "on track" and I will help her become a mommmy.
Nothing worth haveing is easy......
She has become an expert puker......now what is hard for her is ..this blasted fainting......which I am thinking could be long term malnutrition......well, um...I guess it is not long term......but..ongoing? so the whole family is working to try to come up with ideas to pack lots of nutrients into small amounts of appealing sounding foods for her. I wish the doctor would just get on with it and DO a PICC line.....

Whew, sorry I wrote SO much.......

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey dreamer,

On the pill issue. I have pill babies. It takes 3 months on the pill and I get pregnant. Well, not now, what with having a hysterectomy, but...

I was using other methods WITH the pill each time. The endocrinologist who consulted with one of my OB's said in some women the pill used now gives just enough hormones for their body to be ABLE to get pregnant!! I was horrified to hear this. Looking back at lab work, my hormone levels were quite low in my teens. Later we didn't have that stuff checked.

But that may be a possible reason as to how she ended up preg. I was following ALL the directions, including taking the pill at the exact same time every day!

Is the tipped uterus one reason she is a high risk pregnancy? I know with mine, they say it is why the labor was quite difficult. I think you may never really know this stuff though. They say this and that, who really knows?

I am just so glad the baby is OK. The sickness could very well be the very high levels of hormones now.

HAve you tried making tea with ginger root? At the grocery get a chunk of ginger root in the produce section. Grate a tsp to a tbsp into a mug, pour hot water over, let sit for a few minutes. Drink the tea.

Ginger is very good with nausea. With tyler this and ginger candy were the ONLY things that helped me keep food down for the entire pregnancy. I lost more weight in the first 5 motnhs than I gained the rest of the pregnancy. with-o the ginger it would have been much worse.

I used the Gin Gin hard candies - they are all natural. Funnily enough, they do nothing to help with nausea now for me.

dreamer

She became "high risk" for sure with the hyperemeisis gravidurnum (sp)...not sure but...possible just her age may have made her high risk according to some docs......but, our ob gyne IS THE high risk doctor for our county, anyway, and was our ob gyne all along.....this docs mother delivered easy child< and this doctor herself delivered my son.....and was already PCs and difficult children doctor. Bcuz of MY history, too, the doctor already planned (supposedly) to keep an extra eye on easy child...(I had 14 miscarriages) and also husband was exposed to AGent Orange, which I think also has ramifications.....so, easy child was already high risk before knowledge of tipped uterus. The pill? They started both my girls on Yaz.......I think Yaz is very low doses? SO- I can easily believe what you wrote, darn. And she swears they did use condoms, too......and I know I bought both my girls some - in their christmas stockings, in easter baskets, for bdays etc, becuz I preached to USE THOSE for STDs. At ages 18 and 19, I did not simply assume my girls would be celibate.....
Since we have not seen doctor since finding out about tipped uterus, we have not had a chance yet to discuss it.
As for the ginger? <sigh> easy child is STUBBORN. I have fresh ginger root here for my RA......and I use it in LOTS of things often..(daily) she actually likes it ON chicken and veggies.......and the rest of us love ginger snaps, and ginger ale and ginger tea, but she refuses to even TRY it. and since she is not really eating...she isnot getting it on any food, either. I bought her osme of those preggie pops, but she will not even open them, said the flavors sound yukky. :-(
she is being quite stuborn.......and bratty......but....short of shoving it down her thraot......I just wish the doctor would just DO the PICC line instead of just talking about it. I know what a PICC line is, I had several patients over the years with them......
It is ironic, tho, cuz I have always said very loudly that docs pathologicize pregnancy too much and intervene too much.....LOL-----and here now all of a sudden I am wondering gosh, when are you going to DO something more here?
And while the one doctor, OUR doctor is the one easy child does like best and is THe One who seems to have the clearest picture of our reality.....I still do not think she is getting the intensity of it all...she refuses to give easy child a note for work, irregadless of being made aware easy child did actually faint while checking out a customer.......and the customer caught her.......only 15 mins into her shift- on her 2nd day back to work.....(and easy child fainted again today here at home)
seems to me when you begin non obese 145 pounds and drop to 112 in less than 3 weeks....that alone will make you weak.....
and she vomits even with the zofran and phenergan onboard round the clock.....heck, she vomits thru the nite, wakes just to vomit......even when she only sips clear liquids......they come right back up.
SO hard headed easy child will not try ginger.....and hard headed doctor keeps saying...this usually stops by 10 weeks, this usually stops by 13 weeks.......work will distract you.....when you fainted at least someone caught you, you did not get hurt.......
It really does amaze me the baby IS growing. BUt he surely is......the new ultrasound pictures are so great! But, I guess I am looking at MY "baby" (easy child) and wondering gosh, where is that baby (the baby to be) getting anything to grow with, is he leaching it from MY babys bones and teeth etc?
Well, easy child is still trying to eat and drink.....and every once in awhile she does NOT toss it back.....we keep telling her that at least if she can get it down, SOME Nutrition should get absorbed....(doctor said to keep trying, not stop)

It was cool to see her talking to the ultrasound pictures..the baby looked like it was waving.....and then like it was doing the watusie. and yes, easy child has decided baby thinks its funny to play trampoline inside her and make her throw up. Yeesh.

nvts

Ahhh, to be young again!

You really are a fantastic Mom, Dreamer! I think of so many girls who's Mom would flip out in this situation and you truly are the most supportive that I've come across to date.

My younger sister (she married the Dad, they were engaged before she got preggers) called me from college (my Mom had passed about 2 years before) and told me. Then she tried to get me to tell my Dad. Oh no, I'll stand tall with you, but I'm not telling him!

She said it was the hardest thing she's ever done. He just kept staring at the tv.

Have you tried guilt to get her to try the ginger? You know, "if you won't do it for you, do it for your baaaaby" (you have to do it like Greta Garbo)!

Seriously, I've had friends with hormone ups during pregnancy and talking to them was like poking a stick in a bee hive! RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!

boyfriend sounds like a good kid. Most guys with his background would be confused and it's wonderful that he views easy child the way he does. It'll be tough for her for a while being the "choreographer" of the relationship, but he sounds devoted. I'm picturing him sitting next to her in the dark and being worried sick and it brings a tear!

Keep us posted and wave back at the little one for me!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's a boy!!!!!!! A girl would have said & waved like this -

elbow, elbow, wrist wrist, touch your pearls and blow a kiss.

A flat out wave? A little boy!

CONGRATULATIONS -------GRANDMA!!!!!!!