oh my life just gets better mandy is in jail!

DammitJanet

This is Robeson Cnty...what can I say. This has happened to us so many times. We pressed charges on a neighbor for threatening Cory with a gun and they got us all in court and filed charges on Cory for threatening him with an axe handle! When Cory was in our yard and the other guy was standing there with a gun in his hand! And I had a picture of the whole dang thing.

buddy

So Janet?? What protects them now in the future from this chick? any civil thing they can do to protect themselves? Can she just keep getting them in trouble?

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

I know Mandy must have been TERRIFIED for herself and her child. I was preg with Jess when we ended up in an apartment living above a drug dealer who I guess paid the cops off because we called I cannot tell you how many times about the dealing and the prostitutes he ran in and out of there and about how they abused their kids and the cops only ever came by one time - to OUR place to tell us to stop "pestering" the cops with reports and how they didn't WANT evidence on these people. Boy did they not like it when a few of the little cities in the county started screaming bloody murder because my dad told his uncles and his brother and they complained and some were in positions of authority (like my great aunt the safety commissioner of a small city less than a mile from our home) and they had a cow. So the cops would maybe do a drive by but wouldn't get out.

THAT is when I started having seances and pagan ceremonies that my mom and I made up. We scared the living bejeebers out of that drug dealer and his girlfriend (not married because then she wouldn't get benefits for all the kids). They would LITERALLY RUN when they saw me. Stupid people can be fun to play with if you can figure out their fears. I know, bad Susie, off to the corner. But I TRIED playing nice and taking the legal way and all I got was ignored or angered. The day I pointed at the guy and said "the farmer is in the forest" in latin in a strange voice and then cackled he wet himself and it was the last time I saw them. We moved shortly after but they never again did/said anything that we could hear.

I am so sorry it all came to this. That judge is lazy beyond all reason. Unless in Mandy's notes she had stuff she told the guy. But probably he didn't bother to look. I am glad they let her out and her bro is a cop. Why couldn't her bro the cop get this crazy person to leave her alone? Around here they get pretty aggressive if you do stuff like that to a cop or the family of a cop.

You have GOT to pace yourself or your body is going to just quit on you.

Estherfromjerusalem

Janet, I'm so pleased Mandy is out -- T.G. I am so worried about you. It's incredible that you have been having (and still have) so much going on at the same time.

Sending you a hug -- sorry, don't know what else to do!

Love, Esther

klmno

I'm glad she's out- it sounds like the judges there just don't want to deal with anything so they lock the victim up too, to discourage bringing charges on anyone. How lame.

I hope that other girl isn't sitting there stewing on ways she can hurt Mandy, or heaven forbid, her family. Not fair she only got 10 days, and Mandy was treated like that.

DammitJanet

Yes they considered this a fight between friends gone bad Jerry Springer style but that isnt what it was. This other girl is actually mentally ill. Not saying Mandy is the sanest person on earth but still this other girl is so sick that I took Cory and Mandy to have this other girl to have her committed one time because she had swallowed a bunch of pills. This girl is still on probation for attacking her baby's daddy just several months before she started in on Cory and Mandy. She beat the living tar out of him. The reason she started in on my kids is because she thought they had something to do with her baby's daddy getting custody of her kids after she was arrested twice for beating him up twice. They had nothing to do with that. They heard about it through the grapevine.

TerryJ2

There are pre-trial services where a layperson with-court or deputy experience reviews case histories, collates and puts them in chronological order, and then presents it to the judge, who has no time to do such things. I would call to see if there is such a thing in your area. It is covered by tax $ and incl with-general court services in our area.

donna723

I was just wondering, if this incident happened way last summer, why are they just getting around to doing all of his NOW, in January! If someone is being harassed and threatened and could be in real danger, Lord only knows what could happen if they take six months or more to do something about it!

DammitJanet

Well she was supposed to go to court the day she went into labor but we had to call down to the court house and tell them that she was in the hospital in labor and they continued the case. But it is well known here for things to take quite a while once something gets postponed one time.

Oh and to make things even worse....yesterday morning, Tony got a ticket for a California Stop at a deserted stop sign at about 5:30 am on the way to work. He was the only one awake in the darn van and the heat was blaring because everyone wants it hot in there and he has to drive about an hour and a half to get to work everyday with a van full of men. Now that means we have to pay a lawyer about $350 to get that ticket off his record so we dont have to pay increased car insurance for the next 3 years. Thank heavens it was in NC so we can do it here. Rolling stop my right arm. What a crock. I just think they wanted to see who was in the van.